The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Ask a Current Coventry University Student

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PickingItUp
Such snobbery from anonymous posters. Not all students who go to universities like this are working at C and D level. There are many who just want a local university that does the course they want to. If you opt for a Russell Group good for you but if that’s not your choice why should you have to look down on others who don’t? :confused:

I went to Coventry for my bachelors, before moving to a RG after, yes there certainly are lots of people who live localish (plenty of people commute from Brum etc), but if you go round Coventry uni I think you'll find the majority of students got Cs/Ds at A-level, or come from an access course/BTEC route. If a student is capable of getting AAA or even say ABB, you pay the same price for your degree at unis with better prospects and where most of your cohort will be to a different academic standard, this is not snobby its just the truth.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
I went to Coventry for my bachelors, before moving to a RG after, yes there certainly are lots of people who live localish (plenty of people commute from Brum etc), but if you go round Coventry uni I think you'll find the majority of students got Cs/Ds at A-level, or come from an access course/BTEC route. If a student is capable of getting AAA or even say ABB, you pay the same price for your degree at unis with better prospects and where most of your cohort will be to a different academic standard, this is not snobby its just the truth.

Fair point and it sounds as if Coventry gave you the start you needed.
I didn’t like Birmingham when I visited and the only other RG nearby is Nottingham and I don’t want the commute.
For what it’s worth, my mum (non RG) works in a high powered role for a large company and is involved in recruiting. They look at degrees and experience more than institution. I understand though, that things would be different say with some careers.
What are your thoughts on Coventry University's London campus?
Original post by omarahmedfazal
What are your thoughts on Coventry University's London campus?

I never had any experiences with CU London as (I believe) that's purely a business campus! @Coventry University London or @Coventry University London Guide might be able to help with this one though :biggrin:
CUC (CU Coventry) thoughts/experiences? (Freshers week, campus life, nightlife, etc?)
Original post by Austin114
CUC (CU Coventry) thoughts/experiences? (Freshers week, campus life, nightlife, etc?)

Its average, the nights out are decent but options are limited.

It doesn't cater to all tastes, every club seems to tend to run through the same playlists of a wide variety of music from eminem, to sweet caroline and everything in between, but mostly pop.

If your wanting more variety you can train to Brum and try and get a taxi or get the first train back. But in general id say it has enough for student culture but more would definitely be better, the reality is that due to the size of the city there aren't enough people for more clubs.

But the main club is called Kasbah (also referred to as Colly),
the main other student clubs are JJs, and Empire.

Coventry is definitely behind compared to most large student cities, but uni is more what you make it tbh then number of options.
How long did it take for CU Coventry to accept your UCAS Application? Today is a month in which I submitted my application, getting slightly worried?
Is it advisable to move from CU Coventry to the main Coventry University after foundation year?
Is there couples accommodation rooms?
Is there couples accommodation rooms?

If I’m not mistaken, I read that there are rooms for two at Godiva Place Accommodation called a “Twudio”, you can read about it here:

https://www.coventry.ac.uk/life-on-campus/accommodation/accommodation-choices/godiva-place/

However, if Godiva place is not an option for you, I’m sure there are other accommodation that cater for two people (a partner or friend living together).
Can you join a student society at Coventry University if you are a student at CU Coventry? Or are the student societies different?

I read that you could visit Coventry University’s library as a CU Cov student? Is that correct?

Main reasoning behind the question is because many of my friends attend Coventry University but I’m enrolling at CU Cov, are there ways to possibly see them without having to go to their accommodation or meeting them outside of Uni, if you get what I mean?
How long did it take for CU Coventry to accept your UCAS Application? Today is a month in which I submitted my application, getting slightly worried?

About 4 weeks.
Can you join a student society at Coventry University if you are a student at CU Coventry? Or are the student societies different?

I read that you could visit Coventry University’s library as a CU Cov student? Is that correct?

Main reasoning behind the question is because many of my friends attend Coventry University but I’m enrolling at CU Cov, are there ways to possibly see them without having to go to their accommodation or meeting them outside of Uni, if you get what I mean?

Anyone able to answer ?
What can you get involved with
What can you get involved with

Anything, I’m speaking in general.
Anyone able to answer ?

Im pretty sure you can, but not 100%. On monday you can email/call the SU and they should be able to confirm.
I thought for accounting/finance jobs your university doesnt matter aslong as you get the ACCA because most applicants didnt even go to university the came straight from collenge unto an apprenticeship.
Is it advisable to move from CU Coventry to the main Coventry University after foundation year?

Anyone able to offer guidance?
Anyone able to offer guidance?

I thought the whole point of a foundation year was to move onto a degree after woulds, which would imply yes.

Should you look at other unis? this is your choice you'll have been at Coventry for a year, do you want to stay or move to another uni.
I thought the whole point of a foundation year was to move onto a degree after woulds, which would imply yes.

Should you look at other unis? this is your choice you'll have been at Coventry for a year, do you want to stay or move to another uni.

Maybe I was unclear, the question is posed as to the differences between CU Coventry and Coventry University. Would Coventry University offer better experiences? For instance, CU Cov as I read has smaller classes whereas Coventry University has bigger lecture theatres

Quick Reply

Latest