The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Ask a Current Coventry University Student

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Austin114
Maybe I was unclear, the question is posed as to the differences between CU Coventry and Coventry University. Would Coventry University offer better experiences? For instance, CU Cov as I read has smaller classes whereas Coventry University has bigger lecture theatres

Well at Coventry University you'll likely have a mix of lectures and seminars (and labs, course dependant). Seminars & labs are in smaller groups probably 10-25 people, these are more for asking questions and working through specific exercises, whereas the lectures will be in large 100+ people.

I dont know what will offer a better experience, although personally if I were comparing uni to say 6-form I much preferred learning at uni. Its one of those decisions you probably wont know till you go to the other side...
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Can you call Cov Uni to ask about your application? It’s been a month and I haven’t heard from them. What is the best way to ask?
Original post by Anonymous
Can you call Cov Uni to ask about your application? It’s been a month and I haven’t heard from them. What is the best way to ask?

Emailing can take a few days for you to clear your doubts as you email them back and forth hence calling them is what's best. They are very helpful and will not hesitate to answer all your questions :smile:.
Original post by omarahmedfazal
Emailing can take a few days for you to clear your doubts as you email them back and forth hence calling them is what's best. They are very helpful and will not hesitate to answer all your questions :smile:.

Thanks! Just did that, they said it’s a delay on their end and they’re currently doing the fee assessment which will be emailed to me so I should keep an eye on my emails as there is a delay and there is no issue or anything I should be worried about :smile:!
Thanks! Just did that, they said it’s a delay on their end and they’re currently doing the fee assessment which will be emailed to me so I should keep an eye on my emails as there is a delay and there is no issue or anything I should be worried about :smile:!

Perfect :smile:!
Still waiting on CU Coventry :frown:
Is Coventry University inclusive of minorities in terms of racial, ethnic and LGBTQ communities?

I’m quite aware actually that Cov Uni has a wide racial diversity but what about gay life at Coventry University? Is it somewhere I would fit in easily?
Is Coventry University inclusive of minorities in terms of racial, ethnic and LGBTQ communities?

I’m quite aware actually that Cov Uni has a wide racial diversity but what about gay life at Coventry University? Is it somewhere I would fit in easily?

From the viewpoint of a white hetrosexual, I believe Cov uni is inclusive. I went to uni and lived for 2 years with an openly gay Cov uni student, he fit in was a good laugh, everyone liked him. Im sure there a handful of bigots (as there are anywhere) but generally speaking Cov is inclusive for everyone.
Best accommodation advice?
Can someone help me? I applied for HNC at Cu Coventry which is equivalent to the first year of uni. However I’m confused, HNC means one year right? does this mean I will only do one year of Uni and that’s it? Will I progress onto the HND and then the Degree? I’m confused as to how it works. I want to do the full three years at Cu Coventry? What do I do?
Maybe what I’m trying to say is, is HNC the first year of the BA Hons Degree? Or HNC is an extra year before you go onto do the BA Hons? If that makes sense

I know they have an LGBT+ soc, which I believe has a good number of members! :biggrin:
Best accommodation advice?

It really depends on what you're looking for - there isn't an objective best one! You'll need to factor in cost and the facilities you want, and work out which is most suited to you :yep:
Can someone help me? I applied for HNC at Cu Coventry which is equivalent to the first year of uni. However I’m confused, HNC means one year right? does this mean I will only do one year of Uni and that’s it? Will I progress onto the HND and then the Degree? I’m confused as to how it works. I want to do the full three years at Cu Coventry? What do I do?

I'd suggest getting in touch with the university in this case, as they'll be able to give you the best answer. Hope they're able to help out! :smile:
Anyone have first-hand experience at Cu Coventry ?

yeah u can, they will take ur ucas number & details then tell u whats going on so far
Is there couples accommodation rooms?

Hello, we are Eden Square, brand new accommodation opening in September and all of our Studio apartments are available for couples, there is no extra cost for this either! Our phone number is 02475 267810 if you have any more questions!
Anyone have first-hand experience at Cu Coventry ?

Not Coventry, but I'm currently at CU London if that's any help?
Original post by Vixen47
Not Coventry, but I'm currently at CU London if that's any help?

Yeah go ahead. What’s your experience like? Do you feel like you’re inferior as compared to students at the actual Coventry University? Are smaller classes more productive? What’s your take on the whole experience?
Original post by Vixen47
My experience has been absolutely freaking amazing. I had very low expectations going in because I had no idea what I was in for, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

Don't feel inferior to CU Coventry at all. They all come under the CU group so they're treated equally (as far as the students are concerned lol) and I believe we all use the same presentations in lectures and seminars.

Smaller classes make for a MUCH better learning environment.

So far, so brilliant on the whole experience. I'm saying that as someone who isn't in uni for the social life, bear in mind. I'm there to get my degree and be done with it all, so I can't comment on the social life side of things. My favourite thing, however, is how efficient it is. Because it's brand new, they're very innovative and keen on learning from each class/year group/individual's experiences there. They're receptive to feedback and looking to actually make things better for us.

Sounds amazing! Thanks for the wonderful feedback.

From what you’ve seen so far, do you think social life is something you could definitely be able to balance out with uni life? You’ve mentioned you aren’t there for social life but do you think that there’s room for that type of lifestyle? considering that’s what I’m looking for at Cu Coventry.
Sounds amazing! Thanks for the wonderful feedback.

From what you’ve seen so far, do you think social life is something you could definitely be able to balance out with uni life? You’ve mentioned you aren’t there for social life but do you think that there’s room for that type of lifestyle? considering that’s what I’m looking for at Cu Coventry.

Oh also, is there a balance in terms of young and older students? I’m quite young, don’t want to feel particularly insecure or unwelcoming when it comes to making friends, etc.
Original post by shadowdweller
It's getting to the time where those of you in sixth form will be looking at applying to different universities, and if you're in this forum, then you're likely interested in Coventry as an option! :gah:

If you have any questions about the university, or about life in the city, then feel free to post your questions here, and myself or another student here will try and answer :h:

For many of you already at the university, you'll be starting to get the swing of things now, which can often lead to questions or queries about how things go moving forward... so feel free to ask your questions here too :ahee:

Hiya, thinking of going to coventry 2021 september taking the popular performance and songwriting course and was wondering if it was any good or any reviews? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest