The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

PhilMc
Well done to everyone!

But seriously those who are sitting with

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

and then bitching about 'omfg i got 80/100 in one paper WTF sending for remark/photocopy!!11oneone' it's getting repetitive. :/

Totally agree. An A is an A...be happy people, I'm ecstatic that I got at least 1 A :biggrin:
English Lit - A.
Information Systems - A.
History - B.

I'm both delighted and shocked with my results. In this case 'what you put into it, you get out of it' definately did not apply. I was in a comatose state for most of my classes and my revision time could be reckoned in minutes. I pulled off another slew of hat tricks it seems; exactly like the GCSEs. The only thing that irks me a bit is the History grade because History is my favourite subject, nonetheless I never so much as opened the Mussolini textbook and missed MASSIVE parts of the course, so it's not so surprising. Hopefully I'll bump it upto an A overall next year. So I'm not worrying. :smile:
Reply 302
MathematicalMind
Totally agree. An A is an A...be happy people, I'm ecstatic that I got at least 1 A :biggrin:

Nice one. :wink:
Im actually really happy i managed to scrape the A i got. Infact im ecstatic.

When I see other peoples A grades in this thread, its rather depressing. "oh I only scraped an A so i'll probably drop it".

Some people are doing it delibaretly IMO.
Maths: A
Further Maths:A
Physics:A
Chemistry:A
reactions::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
eponymous
Maths: A
Further Maths:A
Physics:A
Chemistry:A
reactions::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

That's the spirit...you got your A's and your happy! :cool:
Well Done :smile:
MathematicalMind

Is that an insinuation on those who were not happy with all A's?
xlouisedoll
Yeah I get it..basically you can sit your AS levels a year early, meaning you'd finish your A2s a year early..but you chose to stay on through year 13 and do more subjects?

Yeah, well, lots of people seem to think its a bad idea... but I really don't fancy being a year or more younger than most people in my year at university... plus, since I'm planning to do maths and statistics... my application would be stronger with A2 f.maths and A2 physics, and I would probably find the first year of my course easier with these two A2s behind me.
smilingmaniac
Yeah, well, lots of people seem to think its a bad idea... but I really don't fancy being a year or more younger than most people in my year at university... plus, since I'm planning to do maths and statistics... my application would be stronger with A2 f.maths and A2 physics, and I would probably find the first year of my course easier with these two A2s behind me.

Classical Civilisation - A (full marks on coursework! :smile:)
Maths/Statistics - B
Spanish - C

On both Maths and Spanish I got a D on a module, so when I retake, if i'm better, I'll get AAB :biggrin:

Gosh, seems everyone got AAAA lol
Reply 309
MattTomMaloney
Classical Civilisation - A (full marks on coursework! :smile:)
Maths/Statistics - B
Spanish - C

On both Maths and Spanish I got a D on a module, so when I retake, if i'm better, I'll get AAB :biggrin:

Gosh, seems everyone got AAAA lol

AAAAAA. Surprised and ecstatic.

And guess what? I DON'T CARE ABOUT UMS :biggrin: There are a few modules I might resit to safeguard a good A2 grade, but really people... less than 100% is acceptable in this thing we call "life".
MathematicalMind

its the way to be! :cool:

thank you:smile:
Reply 311
i got AAAA for maths, physics, chemistry and biology. was that thing on the news about too many people getting A grades about A2 people or AS people or both? because in my college loads of people didn't get their predicted grades.

EDIT: this might be another reason why people aren't happy with A grades.
AAA(C) hehe.

Latest