The Student Room Group

How long to self teach A2 fm?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Maths is Life
I cba researching the cambridge economics, is it very mathematical?

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/files/publications/ecaa_s1_specimen_question_paper.pdf
This is from the specimen paper, part B is the mathematics section.
I believe it's the only specimen paper though:frown:
Original post by solC
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/files/publications/ecaa_s1_specimen_question_paper.pdf
This is from the specimen paper, part B is the mathematics section.
I believe it's the only specimen paper though:frown:

It really annoys me how A-level Economics has no maths whatsoever.

Pls don't be pedantic and just accept it's an essay based subject...
Reply 22
Original post by Maths is Life
It really annoys me how A-level Economics has no maths whatsoever.

Pls don't be pedantic and just accept it's an essay based subject...

Nah it really annoys me too, I think there should be way more maths in subjects like physics and economics. but I guess the exam boards can't assume that everyone does A level Maths.
Original post by hellomynameisr
Same subjects as you but economics instead of history (I was doing history too but dropped it after AS :tongue: )
I've applied for physics at Oxford, Warwick, Bristol, Nottingham and Southampton. Received an offer from Bristol so far. Really want Warwick too haha

I was gonna drop history, but my year leader wouldn't let me as I'm doing much better in that than physics. Very brave of you to do physics!! And I got the 'ruler of the universe" from Nottingham in the post a couple of months ago and I have no idea why haha.
Original post by solC
Nah it really annoys me too, I think there should be way more maths in subjects like physics and economics. but I guess the exam boards can't assume that everyone does A level Maths.

You have got to be kidding me.

From what I know I think AQA has calculus and trapezium/simpsons rule.

Other than that I do OCR therefore no calculus and just dealing with alot of equations all the time...

Then again if you wanted more 'Maths'
You could do A-level Statistics as it wont exist after reforms

Quick Reply

Latest