The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Deferring for a year liablility to pay student Loan

I am part-time undergraduate OU student with SFE loan that started in October 2014. This year I was granted loan for my third year. I started but after 3 weeks had to defer for a year due to change of personal circumstances. I intend to resume study October 2017. Does the deferral / year out make me liable to start repaying my student loan from April next year (2017). My income is over the threshold? Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
You might be liable. Really, you'd need to contact your student support team to be sure, though.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by hatnez
I am part-time undergraduate OU student with SFE loan that started in October 2014. This year I was granted loan for my third year. I started but after 3 weeks had to defer for a year due to change of personal circumstances. I intend to resume study October 2017. Does the deferral / year out make me liable to start repaying my student loan from April next year (2017). My income is over the threshold? Thanks

I believe that as your income is over the threshold, you would pay student loan deductions through PAYE from April 2017 until the time you resumed your course in October 2017.
Reply 3
Thanks all. Will call SFE to find out for sure.

Quick Reply

Latest