The Student Room Group

Overpayment Query

Hi there SFE, I recently got a letter about an SFE overpayment because I am taking a Leave of Absence until next year! I had a query about paying back my maintence loan - on the document you sent me, it says ‘If you still have an overpayment when you finish or leave your course we'll contact you to discuss affordable repayment options’ - Does that mean I can choose to pay back this repayment after University/Final year? I’ve got to pay back about 5k and I think that’s a lot for me to pay back between now and September, as I don’t want it to be clawed back from my incoming finance. Hope you’re able to help, thanks!
Original post by hgmramsey
Hi there SFE, I recently got a letter about an SFE overpayment because I am taking a Leave of Absence until next year! I had a query about paying back my maintence loan - on the document you sent me, it says ‘If you still have an overpayment when you finish or leave your course we'll contact you to discuss affordable repayment options’ - Does that mean I can choose to pay back this repayment after University/Final year? I’ve got to pay back about 5k and I think that’s a lot for me to pay back between now and September, as I don’t want it to be clawed back from my incoming finance. Hope you’re able to help, thanks!
Hi there,

With overpayments there is 3 options:
1 - pay it back before you resume study
2 - have it clawed back from future entitlement
3 - you can apply for Financial Hardship to have it deferred to the end of the next Academic Year

If you would struggle to pay it back due to the amount, option 2 and 3 would be the best for you.

Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending