The Student Room Group

Exceptional circumstances and taking away mantinace laon please help

Hi, I have been told my compelling circumstances from 2022/2023 has been accepted and wil get funding for my 2023/2024. However my mantinance loan has all been clawed back due to getting it the previous year. This os going to put me in massive financial hardship as a single parent. Is there anything I can do?

Thank you.
Original post by extl1
Hi, I have been told my compelling circumstances from 2022/2023 has been accepted and wil get funding for my 2023/2024. However my mantinance loan has all been clawed back due to getting it the previous year. This os going to put me in massive financial hardship as a single parent. Is there anything I can do?

Thank you.

If you’ve been told your cpr claim has been accepted then you should get a new payment schedule soon explaining what will be paid when
Reply 2
I called today and the man said I will get tuition fee but they have clawed back mantinance loan as I shouldn't of got the full year when I was unable to finish my course. I'm so upset as this puts me in massive hardship. And getting a hardship loan still doesn't come close to the mantinance loan. 😭
Hi there,

You could apply for Financial Hardship with us to have the overpayment deferred for this academic year. You would need to complete the Financial Hardship form and this can be uploaded from your online account. You would also need to upload the last 3 months of your bank statements in your name only and you can also upload any other evidence that shows debts/obligations that you need to pay that may not be on your bank statements. Once received it can take 2-3 weeks to process.

https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2223/ft/sfe_financial_hardship_confirmation_form_2223_o.pdf

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,

You could apply for Financial Hardship with us to have the overpayment deferred for this academic year. You would need to complete the Financial Hardship form and this can be uploaded from your online account. You would also need to upload the last 3 months of your bank statements in your name only and you can also upload any other evidence that shows debts/obligations that you need to pay that may not be on your bank statements. Once received it can take 2-3 weeks to process.

https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2223/ft/sfe_financial_hardship_confirmation_form_2223_o.pdf

Thanks, Drew

Thank you , I have now sent this all in thank you.
Original post by extl1
Thank you , I have now sent this all in thank you.

Hi there,

You're welcome. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 6
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,

You're welcome. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Thanks, Drew

I have now been requested to send a pn1 form in, ro re asess my student finance. I have had it all taken away. I had an overpaymentast year as explained above. I have sent in all my hardship documents. I but now can't be assessed until the pn1 form. I literally don't have a penny to my name and have 2 children. I. So worried what to do.
Hi extl1,

As long as you have sent the PN1 form to be processed, the Financial Hardship team will still be able process the Financial Hardship application for you to have the overpayment pushed back to the end of the academic year.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 8
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi extl1,

As long as you have sent the PN1 form to be processed, the Financial Hardship team will still be able process the Financial Hardship application for you to have the overpayment pushed back to the end of the academic year.

Thanks, Clare

Thank you, as I'm worried sick. I haven't slept properly for over a month as this has been so stressful for me. I already suffer with my mental health, and this has just made it so much worse, being In this situation.
Thanks for your advice, hopefully it will get processed as soon as possible.
Original post by extl1
Thank you, as I'm worried sick. I haven't slept properly for over a month as this has been so stressful for me. I already suffer with my mental health, and this has just made it so much worse, being In this situation.
Thanks for your advice, hopefully it will get processed as soon as possible.

You're welcome. Any further questions then do let us know. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending