The Student Room Group

oxford philosophy and theology admission test 2016 feedback

Hi ! the admission test for applying oxford philosophy and theology has already been done today, anybody did the test? How you guys finding it?

thanks^_^
Reply 1
Hi I did the test! I thought it was quite hard but okay, I found the first section was quite a difficult text to get my head around and the second section, I did the faith question and I don't think I did too badly, what about you? what college are applying to? what are you GCSE's/predicted grades? have you heard about interview? Sorry for all the questions I havn't found anyone applying for philthe till now!
Reply 2
same here I found it hard too as I am a foreign language student, I think I mess up question 1 since I was talking about how fluctuate the meaning of Paul's text. I guess my oxford dream has ended :frown:. A level predicted grade: A*A*A and I apply for pembroke , haven't heard anything from interview yet I guess they would inform us soon.
Reply 3
Hi guys, I'm a current philosophy and theology student so if you get to interviews and have any questions feel free to send me a message:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Tomlee999
same here I found it hard too as I am a foreign language student, I think I mess up question 1 since I was talking about how fluctuate the meaning of Paul's text. I guess my oxford dream has ended :frown:. A level predicted grade: A*A*A and I apply for pembroke , haven't heard anything from interview yet I guess they would inform us soon.

I wouldn't think like that! I'm sure they'll take into account that you may find it a bit more difficult as a foreign student. Your predicted grades are very good so I wouldn't feel disheartened !
Reply 5
Original post by Naomi12
Hi guys, I'm a current philosophy and theology student so if you get to interviews and have any questions feel free to send me a message:smile:

Thank you so much! What college are you at?
Reply 6
Original post by H224455
Thank you so much! What college are you at?

Regent's Park, which has one of the highest philosophy and theology intakes :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Naomi12
Regent's Park, which has one of the highest philosophy and theology intakes :smile:

What question did they ask u at interview??
Reply 8
When did you find out you got an interview?
Reply 9
I only found out like 8 days before the interview! And I had three different interviews, two philosophy focused and one theology focused. The philosophy ones focused on personal statement, animal rights, an excerpt about beauty and the problem of evil. The theology one was all about a passage from Genesis.
Reply 10
Original post by Naomi12
I only found out like 8 days before the interview! And I had three different interviews, two philosophy focused and one theology focused. The philosophy ones focused on personal statement, animal rights, an excerpt about beauty and the problem of evil. The theology one was all about a passage from Genesis.

thanks! do u have a lot of workload studying at oxford??
do you remember what the text was in the test? I can't remember.? :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Naomi12

Hi Naomi,

I am coming up to Regent's Park college this week for an interview for P+T. I was wondering if you had any helpful tips or just any insight to the process at this college.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending