The Student Room Group

Does it mean I'm attractive?

Hi there, I'm a Asian international student studying in the UK. I'd say that my face is popular among asian guys but I don't know if western guys in general share the same view of aesthetics for asian beauty, and as far as I know, some asian supermodels in Europe are considered as 'ugly' among asians.

The thing is, every time I go out with my female friends only, there are so many white guys approaching to me and I was not giving any signs or whatsoever. I was just dancing, having fun with my friends and sober. However I'm not sure if they are the type of guys who would approach to any girls just for one night strands or they actually find me attractive. I'll list some examples here.

1. I went out with a group of friends from uni, a british girl (who I think is secretly crushing on her friend) came to me asking if I fancied her friend because her friend - a british guy - has been talking to me on the way. I said I don't and she replied "That's fine. Because you're beautiful."

2. My friends and I were waiting for someone outside the toilet at a club, a guy came over and said hello to my friends. When he turned to me, he said with pauses " you are so cute" and then asked about my nationality.

3. At the same night I was with my friends who were having cig outside the club, I heard some guys whispering behind my back "Is she your type" sth, and after some time, they came to me and started to chat (they're studying at the same uni as I do).

4. Still, at the same place, same night, a guy who I find very good-looking and attractive came to me, took my hand and danced with me a bit. I didn't know what he was up to at the first place but as he took me to a corner and starred at me closely I started to feel upset and looked back my friends. Maybe it's because of cutural difference, I wouldn't make out with complete strangers while I know that many british people would do so. I think he realized I was rejecting, so he let go of me and said "sorry I probably shouldn't have been here."

I am not showing off my being approached experiences here, but I'm really keen to know if these mean anything. I'm really curious to know if people in the western countries appreciate the way I look and how they think about asian females.
Read the question wrong, yes it does... I got a feeling you got something thats big...
(edited 7 years ago)
Ok so you listed a whopping (sarcasm) 4 instances where people find you attractive...congrats. But there is your indication...someone out here finds you attractive...it has nowt to do with race dunno why you're bringing that up. You should have just titled this:

"Do British guys find Asian girls attractive?" and add that to the never-ending list of such threads on TSR.
Reply 3
Original post by 0to100
Ok so you listed a whopping (sarcasm) 4 instances where people find you attractive...congrats. But there is your indication...someone out here finds you attractive...it has nowt to do with race dunno why you're bringing that up. You should have just titled this:

"Do British guys find Asian girls attractive?" and add that to the never-ending list of such threads on TSR.

Thanks for your reply. To be honest I do think there is sth to do with my race but I found that I didn't put it or didn't organize my logic well.

Is there anyway to delete this thread so that I could add a new one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending