The Student Room Group

Politics at uni predicted BBB

So, I'm in year 12 now studying politics, sociology, and english literature, and I really want to study politics/international relations/social policy. I've got couple of unis that I'd consider going to, and ideally I wouldn't like to live too far from home (I live in Essex)

BBB is realistic for me if I put the right amount of work in, maybe ABB if I try hard. My EPQ is going to be based around politics/power, my question being should we abolish the monarchy? I'm also really passionate about politics and a member of a political party.

My current list is:

Kent
Southhampton
Loughborough
Westminster

Are these good choices for politics? Any others that I should look into?
Reply 1
Original post by username2303857
So, I'm in year 12 now studying politics, sociology, and english literature, and I really want to study politics/international relations/social policy. I've got couple of unis that I'd consider going to, and ideally I wouldn't like to live too far from home (I live in Essex)

BBB is realistic for me if I put the right amount of work in, maybe ABB if I try hard. My EPQ is going to be based around politics/power, my question being should we abolish the monarchy? I'm also really passionate about politics and a member of a political party.

My current list is:

Kent
Southhampton
Loughborough
Westminster

Yes, I'm going to most of those places..Kent, also Southampton takes BBB with an EPQ of A meaning their most likely to be flexible with something like ABC i'm guessing
Original post by username2303857

My current list is:

Kent
Southhampton
Loughborough
Westminster

Hi there!
So pleased to hear you're considering studying at the University of Kent :smile: I'm currently in my final year at Kent so if you have any questions about student life I'm more than happy to help!
Although I don't study Politics, the University of Kent run an online program to connect prospective students, like yourself, with current students studying the same course so that you can get a real insight into what it is like to study Politics at Kent and ask any questions you might have. It could be quite a useful tool to get some insight :smile: I'll leave the link here in case you're interested.
I'd really recommend Kent, but obviously I am a bit biased! When deciding between universities though, definitely take a close look at the compulsory and optional modules available to make sure that they suit your interests and learning style as this can have an impact on your academic experience and enjoyment of the course.
Good luck with your university applications :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending