The Student Room Group

Predicted ABC applying to ABB/AAB

As the title says I’m predicted ABC, applying to ABB AND AAB unis mostly, I’m sure I will be able to meet requirements at A2 however it’s getting the offers in the first place that I’m worried about.

All the unis I’ve applied to most commonly accept BBB grades I’ve found out after looking on theUniguide.com so is this a smart decision? I know the entry requirements are higher but they commonly accept (like I said before) 3 Bs which is what I’m predicted.

Thanks in advance
Original post by Adamsami
As the title says I’m predicted ABC, applying to ABB AND AAB unis mostly, I’m sure I will be able to meet requirements at A2 however it’s getting the offers in the first place that I’m worried about.

All the unis I’ve applied to most commonly accept BBB grades I’ve found out after looking on theUniguide.com so is this a smart decision? I know the entry requirements are higher but they commonly accept (like I said before) 3 Bs which is what I’m predicted.

Thanks in advance

Has it been less than 14 days since you applied? If so swap one option to a BBB offer. If you’re lucky some unis will give u an offer of ABB or BBB
Reply 2
I haven’t actually sent my application off yet, but what do you mean? Have 3 ABB unis and 2 BBB?
Reply 3
Original post by ashvinsingh
Has it been less than 14 days since you applied? If so swap one option to a BBB offer. If you’re lucky some unis will give u an offer of ABB or BBB

Do you mean apply to an extra BBB instead of one ABB? And I haven’t actually applied yet
I haven’t actually sent my application off yet, but what do you mean? Have 3 ABB unis and 2 BBB?

I wouldn’t recommend any AAB unis, check if you are eligible for any contextual offers and have a look at access schemes such as partners Newcastle. I recommend applying for one ABB 3 BBB and 1 BBC.

Thanks in advance

Also remember ABC is not equal to BBB. Most universities won’t accept a student who got ABC if their offer was BBB. The highest id recommend applying for would be one above your target grade - ABB.
Most universities won’t accept a student who got ABC if their offer was BBB.

Not always true. Unis will accept "near miss" in August if they have spaces.
As the title says I’m predicted ABC, applying to ABB AND AAB unis mostly

These choices are perfectly okay if the C grades isnt in a vital subject.
I'd suggest you also have one BBB as a back-up choice but otherwise, looks fine.
Original post by McGinger
Not always true. Unis will accept "near miss" in August if they have spaces.

I mean if you’re predicted ABC you might not get an offer when applying, as some universities want to see you’ve performed at the same standard across all your subjects right?
I mean if you’re predicted ABC you might not get an offer when applying, as some universities want to see you’ve performed at the same standard across all your subjects right?

Depends on subject and University.
There are no 'rules' - and one or two 'above predictions' choices are always worth having.
Original post by McGinger
Depends on subject and University.
There are no 'rules' - and one or two 'above predictions' choices are always worth having.

Would Applying to 4 ABB Universities and 1 BBB university let the user maximise their offers? I thought generally you should apply for 1 one grade above, 3 the same grade and 1 one grade below

I know this is an old thread but wondered how you got on in terms of your applications/offers and ultimately where you ended up ? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending