The Student Room Group

Anyone know any female bands that play instruments???

I've realised that I don't know any female bands which play their own instruments, anyone know any?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Legendstatusxoxo
I've realised that I don't know any female bands which play their own instruments, anyone know any?

Haim
Original post by MeYou2Night
Haim

Too poppy for me
Does it have to be a band or will individual artists do? I know one band but can't think of the name.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Does it have to be a band or will individual artists do? I know one band but can't think of the name.

Preferably a band, but you could recommend some individuals as well
Jack Off Jill, The Organ (though they both broke up aaages ago), First Aid Kit all spring to mind as all-female bands. There's a list of them here too.

There are bands with at least one girl on instruments too but the only one I can think of right now is Mono.
Preferably a band, but you could recommend some individuals as well

Tori Amos, Kate Bush, Juana Molina, Laura Mvula, Joni Mitchell

Original post by AmeliaLost
Jack Off Jill, The Organ (though they both broke up aaages ago), First Aid Kit all spring to mind as all-female bands. There's a list of them here too.

There are bands with at least one girl on instruments too but the only one I can think of right now is Mono.

Pixies, Prince & The Revolution/Wendy & Lisa
Too poppy for me

Same for me but only one i know!

Hey Violet, but I'm pretty sure there's a guy in there.
Beach House is a duo consisting of one man and one woman but probably too poppy as well.

Chrvches have a woman in it but probably same again.
Reply 10
I can think of a few, The Bangles, The Gogo's, Concrete blonde. Then there's Wendy and Lisa, who were the Bassist and guitarist from Prince's band The revolution. They have at least 5 or 6 Cd's of their own, very good music in my opinion!
the donnas
edit: also the aces and the vocal girls, i'm trying to think of others!
(edited 4 years ago)
Haim
Pretty sure L7 is all-female and play instruments, some alright studio work, but trash live.
Reply 14
Fire In her Eyes
Reply 15
Amorettes (crap though)

Girlschool

Nervosa
Babymetal (Presented without comment)
The Go-Go's
Back in the early 80s an all female band called JAZAWAKI played live in Britain and Europe. Look up on Youtube. I am hoping that some young women are doing similar today.

A out 10 years or so ago there was a band called the love bites. They played their own instruments.

Quick Reply

Latest