The Student Room Group

Journey to the Awakening of the Rinnegan

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angry cucumber
Whats your bench frequency now?

three times now, although its only been a week
Original post by UchihaMadara
three times now, although its only been a week

you really dont need anymore and depending on what you're doing; twice might suit you better and be nicer on your pecs/ shoulders
Week 2 Workout 1

Squats:140-1 Daily Min, 150-1 Daily Max, 130-4 Back-off set
Hanging Knee Raises:20 at bodyweight

140 went up fairly well, 150 was fine as well - although it wasn't too far from being too grindy for my liking. Rest time and no psyching means these are all PB's. Hopefully get 130-6 comfortably next week then I will go up to 135.
Week 2 Workout 2

Bench:80-1 Daily Min, 91-1 Daily Max, 82.5-3 Back-off set
Seated Shoulder Press:42.5-5
Incline flies

Used the microplates, daily max went up pretty quick, might of had a double there.
Week 2 Workout 3

Squats:142.5-1 Daily Min&Max,122.5-3x2 Back-off Sets
Bench:80-3 w/wraps Daily Min
2 sets of Curls lolz

The single at 142.5 was very smooth, despite me feeling fatigued in the lower back etc. this is a good sign. I have now put my daily min on Squats at 142.5. With the back off sets I somewhat will look to linearly progress them with the 3x2 parameters. Having benched two days ago just wanted to do a few reps on daily min, now I will have my daily min on bench at 82.5. Today some dls...
Upper back work?
Original post by RobJ93
Upper back work?

what even is that lol :frown:
what even is that lol :frown:

Get on it, need some horizontal rows to keep your shoulders healthy and build the base for bench!
Original post by RobJ93
Get on it, need some horizontal rows to keep your shoulders healthy and build the base for bench!

pendlay rows suffice, aint done them for awhile....
pendlay rows suffice, aint done them for awhile....

Pendlays or 45 degree rows are what you need. Cable rows and DB rows are good accessories too.

At least do some pullups. Your shoulder girdle will thank you
Reply 70
Original post by Angry cucumber
Pendlays or 45 degree rows are what you need. Cable rows and DB rows are good accessories too.

At least do some pullups. Your shoulder girdle will thank you

He can't do pullups it aggravates his elbows unfortunately. But yeah Pendlays are the nuts :biggrin:
Week 2 Workout 4

Dls:130-1,145-1,130-3x1,110-1 beltless
BarbellRows:70-3x8
Plank:90 seconds

Did this session at 11pm, headaches :frown:. Dls just wanted to get my single work done, I realised need to stick with a stance rather than playing with it workout to workout, gonna stick with my feet almost touching my hands...similar to Jesse Norris - should probably watch him carefully for homework lol.

I think I should mention I do a crap load of face pulls for warm up every session so my shoulders don't get beat up from the pressing, either way I took the advice of doing rows. Opted against pendlay as I feel somehow the legs get involved plus I wanna try something different, trying these 45 degree rows....need to figure out how low to lower the bar (below the knee?) might change my grip to get more bicep work :colone:

Should train today - some Squat variation and Bench thing....lets see what happens :smile:
Only managed 4 workouts in week 2, been having bad headaches...rather than extending a week I've decided to just call it a week after minimum 4 workouts. Plus, I'm moving more towards 'what I feel like to do today' structure whilst following the Bulgarian principles.

Week 3 Workout 1

Squats:142.5-1 Daily Min, 150-1 (speed PB), 155-1 Daily Max, 130-2 Back-off, 110-4 Paused
Hanging Knee Raises:25

150 was comfortable, easier than the 142.5 so decided to go for 155. I had some of the workout on IG live, videod the 155. 155 was the cut-off, first time I've done paused squats with a belt - think I might just do these more often - 110 pauses were long - happy with how it felt. Didn't want to gym over an hour so decided not to do dls. Will do presses tomorrow.
(edited 6 years ago)
Week 3 Workout 2

Bench:82.5-1 Daily Min, 92.5-1 Daily Max, 92.5-3 3 cnt pause w/slingshot, 82.5-3
Face pulls, Dumbbell rolls, lateral raises, flies

Wrist wraps used, tried out on the slingshot after a while, hoping to use it for long pause reps on daily max weights. Will do shoulder pressing tomorrow. Videoed my bench set, I'll upload tomorrow.
Week 3 Workout 3

Squats:142.5-1 Daily Min&Max

Boy was I beat up today, did this session after breakfast - i've done a few sessions on this regime after one meal and feel fine tbh as it's not high volume. Got some elbow pain from squats, need to be careful about having my elbows too low...might try out wrist wraps possibly. Hopefully tomorrow can do Dls, Barbell Rows and some shoulder pressing....oh yh did some curls for the elbow - might just become a staple for a valid reason lol.
Followan
Original post by danadd9
Followan

bless
Week 3 Workout 4

Didn't train on Friday as was too beat up, in the future will make sure to take a day break between workout 2 and 3. Yesterday did deadlifts - think I've settled down on an approach (programming) and set-up for the deadlifts.

Dls:130-1,150-4x1,160-1
Pendlay Rows:80-2x5
Plank

In terms of my set-up, I've got my feet quite close to each other. Think I will settle with this and keep consistent with it. Last two singles on 150 done with straps. There isn't enough space w/o my feet touching the rack to do sumo at my home gym. Going forward I think I will be approaching dl with a daily min/max approach but I will make sure the max isn't an overkill as I don't want to get too fatigued. Also doing rep work is annoying on my home gym mat...pendlay rows just getting use to the movement again...back to 2 plates for reps soon - although it doesn't help my bench a tad bit...probably as here the grip is narrow O.o

Do you only train in your home gym?
Original post by TajwarC
Do you only train in your home gym?

when I'm at home yeah, at uni I train at a local gym.

Quick Reply

Latest