The Student Room Group

Journey to the Awakening of the Rinnegan

Scroll to see replies

Didn't do another workout in week 3 due to migraines. Having experimented during the past 3 weeks, I've decided a 4 times a week frequency will suit me the best. The first workout which I did yesterday will be a Bench and a Squat variation, second will be Squats and some Shoulder movement, third workout Squats and Bench variation and the last workout Deadlifts and Rows.

Week 4 Workout 1

Bench:82.5-1 Daily Min, 95-1 Daily Max, 82.5-3x3 Back-off sets
Beltless Squats:122.5-1
Curls, Rows, Flies

Bench felt good, maybe because I didn't do an upper stuff since last wednesday, the 95 was smoother than the 92.5. Hoping I can hit them 2 plates real soon - once I lose my bench virginity I can truly reach manhood. Back-off sets felt good, treating every rep like a single and had to be very stable so that my bench didn't tip any particular side...I could of done infinite no. of sets tbh...doing 85kg for back-off sets next time, might just increase the daily min by the end of this week. Beltless Squats were fine, bit smoother than the 120 I did a few weeks back...hoping to train tomorrow - although bit sore and beat up.
Week 4 Workout 2

Squats:142.5-1 Daily Min, 150-1 Daily Max, 130-3 Back-off, 110-4 Paused
Seated Press:50-1 Daily Min, 40-10 Back-off
Hanging Knee raises

150 was slower than last week so called it off there, think it must be the fatigue from the deadlifts. I will be following Matt Perryman's protocol to Deadlift once a week and works towards a heavy triple. Hopefully can do a 155+ Squat next week, but it depends on how I feel of course. Squatting tomorrow up to my daily min but it should be fine :smile:

So having played around with the equipment at home, opted for seated shoulder press as my main shoulder movement on the program. I need to work on pressing at the correct starting point off pins but other than that no feeling of going unconscious, able to hold my breathe without my head feeling heavy so a movement I can do safely unlike the ohp. 50kg is a Daily Min, I will be following the Bulgarian principles on this movement as well but with a high rep back-off set like above. That's all :smile:
Pretty bad migraines the past month, GP has actually referred me lol, hope it ain't nothing really serious.

Week 4 Workout 3

Squats:142.5-2x1 Daily Min, 110-2 Long Pauses
Bench:85-1 w/o slingshot Daily Min, 100-1 w/slingshot Daily Min
Curls, and other stuff for the elbows etc.

Got some squat soreness from workout 2 so knew I had taken too much of a gap between the squat sessions last week. Squats felt fine, decided to do my daily min twice rather than a back-off 3x2 like before as I plan to DL possibly today. Bench was fine, gotta be more stable with my equipment, unracked 110 as well which seemed fine in my hands. Can't lie getting bit bored of the regime, looking at Lutz intermediate programme o.O Not that I'm changing programmes but I'm just doing gym because its part of my life kind of thing...might consider an 'unload' week.
For some reason when I was supposed to do my Workout 4 the next day, decided that I wanted to change programs...only last night did I find the program that I will be doing from next week, got 14 weeks until a meet on the 6th August that I would like to compete in. A lot going around me which has meant my mind hasn't been in the gym and as @Sae.HH said I'm internally stressed...did some Squats yesterday 122.5-6,6,3 and today Benched up to 90 - felt off - probably as haven't benched in a while. Appetite has greatly reduced and last two days I was eating clean - but after today's workout I got the Irn Bru out. I have no intention being lean again, guess I just have to get incredibly strong if I'm going to become competitive one day.

Either way going to rest up, calm the f*** down and get going on Monday. Deadlifts next week will inevitably lead to soreness as I wouldn't of done them for a while, but that's fine - I will be doing the 4 day a week Hepburn Method - the version I'm running will be single rep focus on the Power day and triples focus on the Pump day...I think a lower/upper split, I'm going to build the template now.
(edited 6 years ago)
Went football on Monday and got soo sore, today I've just barely recovered in the sense I can hold my legs raised for more than 5 seconds without strain. Never been this sore from a gym workout let alone football, it was after a year but still :,)

Today I plan to start the programme with the lower pump workout, did a quick upper workout few days back and pecs do feel sore - most likely exacerbated from sleeping on my left pec lol. Chances are workout today will get me sore for football this weekend - in which case I won't go as I wouldn't want to pull a hammy....top quads especially are sore!

There's a meet on the 6th August and 12th November., not sure if I should compete in one or both. I've been fairly clean in my diet as well, cutting probably will do me good health wise and in being competitive...my main issue is soft drinks I would say, maybe get some flavoured water this week, 1 cheat meal a week is fine - might go for the 2 meals a day approach with more carbs on gym day - although plan to do cardio on the other day whether its footie or boxing....update soon :colone:
Heavy Lower

Squats:120-1,135-4x1,140-1
Deadlifts:120-5x1
KneeRaises and Plank

4 weeks of no programme per say, was gymming once a week and had a lot going around me...either way I'm back and having done some research - I will coverage to some upper/lower split 4x a week. Programming should become clearer from my posts but if anyone is interested I'm merging information from various articles. Around 11 weeks till a potential meet and 25 for the other, I might do the meet in 11 weeks in the 93kg weight class and should hopefully compete in 83kg class for November. I've started my gradual cut: Down from 98.1 to 95.3 across the past few weeks - whilst hardly gymmin.

Hadn't squatted heavyish for a while but was happy with the singles, form on later sets were perfect to the tee and felt great. Deadlifts I think I've finally figured out my form and set up in my home gym - there is a puregym opening near me but i would prefer to train at home. Otherwise not much to say.
(edited 6 years ago)
Good luck
Original post by Gone Revising II
Good luck

Bless g

Heavy Upper

Comp Bench:80-1,82.5-1,1,85-1,82.5-1,83.5-1,82.5-1,80-3
InclineCloseGripPausedBench (lol):50-5x3
Face pulls and light flies

Bench form gradually got better, 80-3 was very nicely done. I prefer a suicide grip on shoulder/incline movements, unracked off the pins for the incline bench - hoping it will help my bench. Before anyone points out the lack of volume, the weekend should have enough volume :,) :colone:
(edited 6 years ago)
Brief update, on Saturday was doing triples on the Squats - beltless and paused but end up getting bored, did some paused deadlifts but then got really bored. Sunday I went to a gym with a friend in the area, first time I used a trap bar deadlift....pretty bad doms the past few days in the legs but feel good today. Yesterday did a shoulder session thinking I might just do like a upper/lower split everyday but the thought was bored me already and I need my rest :lol:Going to use today to get all my other bits n bobs sorted so I can stop program hopping and stick to a program I like....even if it means creating something myself :colone:
Trained here and there, didn't train all of last week - think it was because I was getting bored of lifting weights etc...Anyways back at it today with a lower body session, Squats 120-3x4 and Beltless Dls 120-3x3...hopefully get some DOMs from today's and tomorrow Upper workout in preparation of a Program which I will be starting this week.
(edited 6 years ago)
Week 1 Workout 1

Front Squats:60,70,80,90,95-1 and 75-2,3
Comp Bench:80,85,86-1,70-2x5
Dbrows,BicepCurls,Laterals

Back on Bulgarian for good. Great to do Front squats again, this time there is a lot of auto regulation so I don't know what I will be doing tomorrow until I step in my gym lol. Will be generally following a Lower & Upper Body movement towards some daily rep(s) max followed by some back off sets and accessories at the end.
Week 1 Workout 2

Comp Squats:130-1,135-1 and 110-3
CGBench:80-1
Tricepstuff, Flies

Squats felt good despite soreness from yday. Hoping this program will make me physically and mentally tough, trying to hone a lot of the advice by Broz. Squats were very nicely controlled, form wise got everything were I want it to be. I will be doing 1 back-off set from now and increase sets when I start stalling. CG bench is my pinky on the rings, while normal is my middle finger on the rings...felt my left pec slightly on 80 so called it a day, soreness from bench yday probably the reason as prior to that hadn't benched in 10 days. Really starting to enjoying training again, tomorrow I think I will be doing some Deadlifts and Military Press to let the pecs recover.
Week 1 Workout 3

Dls:120-5x1 and 120-5 Romanian with Straps
SeatedPress:50-3,40-6
Rows and Core stuff

figured out my DL form, singles done with hook grip, hoping I can gradually get my seated press up to 1 plate. Football tomorrow so no gym training.
Not going to count workouts etc. Played football on Saturday, scored a hat-trick :colone:

Sunday's workout:

Front Squats: 90-1 Daily max,70-5
Bench: 87.5-1 Daily max,70-5
DB Rows, Curls...

Front Squats felt bit slower so called it a day on 90, with Bench really should of taken smaller jumps than the 7.5kg increment from 80...87.5 was a grinder and although I wasn't at risk of missing I wasn't happy with it. Bench slowly should get back to where it was :colone: on the plus side my unrack skills are getting better. Today won't be training as I've been fairly active past 5 days and got a blood test today.
Yesterday's workout

Squats:140-1 Daily max, 110-5
Bench:85,87.5-1 Daily max

Today's workout

Dls:140,150-1 Daily Max
Shrugs:135-5 w hook grip
Back Squats:142.5-1 Daily Max, 112.5-3
Bench:88.5-1 Daily Max

Elbow bit jarred from poor unrack, my fault....will be more careful next time
Since last thursday I trained three times, last friday worked up to 100kg beltless front squat which matched an old pr and on Saturday I played like 8 hours of football, srs. Trained on Monday, did a 145kg Squat which was fairly slow and 90kg bench - felt totally detrained on bench. I think days off and football hurt my performance as the risk of detraining is high with such low volume....haven't trained for 3 days due to other commitments but also having trained the past two weeks I have realised what methodology ought to suit me.

I plan to train everyday and will be on a GOMAD diet tomorrow onwards, with fruits, sandwiches pretty much. Football will be for much shorter period of time, think I will focus on one big game for 90 mins and gym before the football. Programme wise I will be following (http://www.davedraper.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/29397/post/730427/hl//fromsearch/1/) Singles workout strategy 3, I can choose different strategies later down the line depending how frequent I can hit the gym but no.3 looks best for me now until January at the least. I will be adding assistance exercises, and have repetition workouts before incrementing the weight on the main 3....I will start at roughly 80% for Bench and Squats and 70% for Deadlifts....for the test every 3 weeks, this won't be a proper max test - just work up to a Daily Single like in Bulgarian method with more rest and bit more :colone:

If anyone has any suggestions let me know, P.S. I'm not program hopping here, last two weeks was trying to figure out which things I like doing with single-rep based training :smile:
Week 1 Workout 1 (keeping count so I know when to attempt a daily max after 3 weeks)

Squats:130-1,127.5-3x1
Bench:80-1,81-3x1 (20-10 Curls during warm-up)
KneeRackPulls-Shrugs:140-4
KneeRaises:15
If you are keen on gomad, I'd suggest you start with just half and see what effect that has.

(A drastically different answer to if the topic had come up in 2010)
Original post by Gone Revising II
If you are keen on gomad, I'd suggest you start with just half and see what effect that has.

(A drastically different answer to if the topic had come up in 2010)

yes I won't be jumping to a galloon straight away, I think I will drink enough to where I feel full. I only plan to have Blue Cravendale Milk,Yoghurt, Actimels, Fruits, Occasional Oats and thats it from today onwards.

Quick Reply

Latest