The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
face05
glimax. I did state that i personally like being realistic. besides that, the fact that you went to a oxford interview and couldn't handle it doesn't imply that i can't cope with ICL course. you went there and saw that it wasn't for u .I want to go there and see if i can handle it ( if i go there that is). plus my current predicted grades are ABB, which pretty close to the highest offers given. however thanx for your input.

is it too late if you apply on 10-15 nov?
i might change my idea of wanting to stay in london. BATH uni maybe? opinions?

Yeah, thats why I said...
It was quite hard for me to cope with the pressure even at the interview in oxford, I can't imagine spending 4 years like this.. I am not saying you won't be able to do something, I'm saying think about it.

I was just sharing my experience and obviously I suggested that you make the decision AFTER the interview, so that your final choice would be based on what you saw, rather then on what the guy from the TSR(me) said...

I've been to Bath and the uni was quite good. They didn't have interview, just some stupid questioner. Don't know why, but we didn't get to see labs or any other department facilities(just library) for some reason.. They have amaizing sport facilities though! The Bath itself seems too small and too quite for me. But then again, its just my opinion...

And by the way I didn't actully messed up any of my oxford interviews, the question were piss easy, it was the written math test which caused a bit of problem for me. I don't feel like I failed it though..
yes
Reply 42
No way in hell will you be able to handle a ICL course with ABB, even if they only ask for those grades!
Reply 43
v2006
No way in hell will you be able to handle a ICL course with ABB, even if they only ask for those grades!

I know a guy who got BCC in his A-Level but I can tell you his one of those who will be able to handle two most difficult courses from Cambridge and Imperial simultaneously and achieve First in both of those, if he wants to. The real aspiration for science is only discovered in uni, a-level results doesn't meen much in terms of intelectual abilities for science, thats why many unis are looking for potential rather that achievements.
Reply 44
qlimax
I know a guy who got BCC in his A-Level but I can tell you his one of those who will be able to handle two most difficult courses from Cambridge and Imperial simultaneously and achieve First in both of those, if he wants to. The real aspiration for science is only discovered in uni, a-level results doesn't meen much in terms of intelectual abilities for science, thats why many unis are looking for potential rather that achievements.

If he's so amazing why isn't he there? At Cambridge and Imperial doing the courses Simultaneously. I've known geniuses but they usually get where they want to go. Discovered too.
Reply 45
Crazster
If he's so amazing why isn't he there? At Cambridge and Imperial doing the courses Simultaneously. I've known geniuses but they usually get where they want to go. Discovered too.

I think he's going to Oxford Brookes or something like that. He wasen't bothered to attend interviews. I don't think he cares to much which uni to go to, cause he learnes everything himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he'll drop out of Brookes.. I'm not saying its the way to do it, I was replying to the statement
v2006
which I think is unfair.
Reply 46
qlimax

he got BCC without much effort and he cud handle any course at cambridge and imperial? And he didnt attend interviews?

That just tells me that at uni he wud hardly put any effort again and fail....

I have a friend who got similar grades and he never put effort for anything. He has great potential but just so lazy though i know he cudnt handle any course because he wud just do a repeat again.

What makes u think that guy wud change at uni?

Give me the guy with less potential but tries like **** any day over the lazy person with more potential.
Reply 47
qlimax
I wouldn't be surprised if he'll drop out of Brookes.

If finishing uni with First would be his goal, then he will do it. Getting good A-level grades probably wasn't his priority, but if he got BCC that doesn't mean he's dumb or he couldn't held Imperial course. Different people have different priorities.
You can't generalise that wildly on KCL being a top ten uni. It depends on the subject!!!
Reply 49
v2006

You think so? See the problem with you is you judge a book by it's cover.

Glimax. thanx for your input. I thought your first post was critical so i got defensive. Thanx for your advice.

Anyway i was thinking of applying to bath, UCL, and other unis. Or take a gap year and do further maths in that year while applying for ICL, by then hopefully i will show my true colours.

Notts is a good engineering uni right? why does it appear in clearing?

If you apply for a BEng course, then you turn out to be good do they let you take MEng course? If you apply to the same uni for BEng and MEng course would it get you rejected for the MEng and maybe considered for the BEng?

More opinions about BATH, difficulty for getting in and rep would be very much appreciated.
Reply 50
KCL has a very good international rep.

Latest

Trending

Trending