The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Worth applyingto KCL with predicteds one grade below entry requirements?

I'm planning to study computer science and I would really like to go KCL but would it be worth applying with predicted grades AAB if they're asking for AAA? Do you think it would be likely that I would get a conditional offer or would they just reject me straight away??
Reply 1
its definitely worth trying- you could apply to some other unis too that ask for AAB. Usually it's a good idea to put one uni that has higher grades than you are expecting. They do take everything into account in regards to your ucas application and it isn't usually entirely based on the grades so definitely take the chance i think :smile: good luck .
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
One risky choice is a reasonable idea - you may get an offer. Just remember it will be AAA and KCL will want that in August. Be prepared for No, but if you dont apply you'll always wonder what might have happened if you had.

The only exception to this is where the 'dropped grade' subject is in a specified subject. For a top/competitive Uni like KCL that will matter.

Make sure your other choices are more realistic - the usual advice is
* one aspirational choice
* three choices at your predicted grades
* one choice well below - your Insurance choice if results disappoint in August.

More advice about How to Avoid 5 Rejections here : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections
Original post by rubyft123
I'm planning to study computer science and I would really like to go KCL but would it be worth applying with predicted grades AAB if they're asking for AAA? Do you think it would be likely that I would get a conditional offer or would they just reject me straight away??

did u end up getting an offer from kcl
Reply 4
Original post by frostedfaries
did u end up getting an offer from kcl

No, ended up getting rejected pretty instantly haha. Ended up at Newcastle instead and loving it so it all worked out!

Quick Reply

Latest