The Student Room Group

How recognised are these unis? Course via Clearing

IB international student here Fell short of HL conditions by 2 points for KCL law. Right now my offer's on hold. But I'm checking out backup options. The only unis in top 10 uk ranking confirmed for law clearing are glasgow and queen mary london? How good do you think these are? I do satisfy entry requirements but wanted some insight on how graduates from these unis are looked upon?
Original post by Noctkul
IB international student here Fell short of HL conditions by 2 points for KCL law. Right now my offer's on hold. But I'm checking out backup options. The only unis in top 10 uk ranking confirmed for law clearing are glasgow and queen mary london? How good do you think these are? I do satisfy entry requirements but wanted some insight on how graduates from these unis are looked upon?

Both are very good but would it be an added complication to study the Scottish law system if you are not intending to practice there, afterwards? KCL has the international ranking and recognition, but the key thing is how you perform in your own degree.
Reply 2
Original post by MedMama
Both are very good but would it be an added complication to study the Scottish law system if you are not intending to practice there, afterwards? KCL has the international ranking and recognition, but the key thing is how you perform in your own degree.

Oh as far as I know Glasgow offers Common law which allows one to practice in England. If KCL works out it will be the best for sure. But I haven't heard much about Queen mary-certainly not before I considered clearing. How are the general prospects of graduates from glasgow and queen mary london?
Original post by Noctkul
Oh as far as I know Glasgow offers Common law which allows one to practice in England. If KCL works out it will be the best for sure. But I haven't heard much about Queen mary-certainly not before I considered clearing. How are the general prospects of graduates from glasgow and queen mary london?

they are strong…if the class of degree is!
My point was not so much that KCL is best
but rather my key take away for you is
—-> get a good degree class at whichever university you attend
(yes, with Glasgow it doesn’t matter too much as you’d sit your vocational qualifications
post degree wherever you intend to work/practice)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending