The Student Room Group

English Degree Subject Requirements

I want to apply to kcl for an english degree but I study maths, economics and english language, and for the degree subject requirements they want either lit on it’s own or combined with english language. Is there anyway I can still get in or is it a complete no? Or is there anything else I can complete to equate it to that?
Original post by lailaaax
I want to apply to kcl for an english degree but I study maths, economics and english language, and for the degree subject requirements they want either lit on it’s own or combined with english language. Is there anyway I can still get in or is it a complete no? Or is there anything else I can complete to equate it to that?

Here: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/studywithus/ugstudy/courses/UG/English-BA-Hons-U6UENLSH.html
A course for english will exist fitting your requirements
This one requires English at A Level - doesn’t matter if it’s lit or lang
———
Regarding KCL
https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/english-ba
‘Required subjects:
English Literature or English Language and Literature’
You only do english language, so no
———-
Remember, all english course modules are different for different universities
You are in year 12. How did you decide on KCL to study english. Based on KCL’s reputation?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
I’m in year 13 right now and I mainly decided on kcl since I don’t want to move out of London for uni, so it’s a close commute and it’s one of the top unis in London besides UCL and QMUL that do English as a degree
Original post by lailaaax
I’m in year 13 right now and I mainly decided on kcl since I don’t want to move out of London for uni, so it’s a close commute and it’s one of the top unis in London besides UCL and QMUL that do English as a degree

It looks like QMUL will accept an A in English Language for their English degree, as would Goldsmith's. :smile:

It's also important to look at the modules offered by each university and not be guided solely by league tables. Even when you are looking at league tables, these can vary massively according to the subject. For example, according to the Guardian, Royal Holloway ranks higher than KCL for English Literature. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending