The Student Room Group
Reply 1
im studying at plymouth but i can access my timetable from the 10th Sept on the student portal thing online

check if you can do the same
samgtfc
Anyone any idea what sort of Timetable i will have, doing Journalism at Sunderland starting in two weeks.

Eg number of hours, whether i will have days off etc?

yup

these people
Reply 3
Im at Sunderland about to go into my third yesr doing media. I dont think anyone has a hard copy of their timetable yet, you pick this up at the media school office during freshers week. Regarding number of hours, you can expect to find about 12-16 hours of lectures/seminars per week, and most people find this leaves them with at least 1 day free. Hope that helps.
Reply 4
Cheers for that!

Am i to expect Sunderland as a city to be as bad as it's made out to be, been to look round a couple of times and liekd the place. Also, I'm staying in Clanny House, do you know what the situation is with TV aeriels, will i be able to plug into an outside aeriel?

Cheers
Reply 5
Sunderland is not as bad as you would be led to believe. I had heard all the negative rumours before I went there too, but to be honest in the two years I have had there so far, I have never encountered any trouble with the place.
As for aerials, my experience has not been a good one. The last two halls I stayed in were crap for getting any kind of decent reception in the bedrooms. Communal areas I think are better for this. However, I have never stayed in Clanney House so I cannot comment about that.

Latest

Trending

Trending