The Student Room Group
Well you need english GCSE c or above for most unis.

But how good do you think you are?

ABD might get you into sheffield.

Where would you like to go?
Reply 2
I am still not sure about my predict grade.Maybe AAC? I've already got IELTS6.5,so that's not problem. I wanna do Financial Maths in university. Can u guys give me advise?
advice*

I thought you would have picked up on this from my original post.

Your question is very vague, do you want to go to a particularly good university or just one which will accept you?
Reply 4
Of course a good one, maybe..KCL,Soton or Manchester
Well you need 3 A's for KCL, ABB for Soton & ABB for manchester.

So I think KCL would be out of the pot.

Really this is something you should be looking at yourself. Just google the university and maths and this normally takes you directly to the maths department website.
Reply 6
I drop the my Accounting and decline it today..I will do AS and A2 Physics together this year, and my physics teacher promise me to get a predict grade C. So I got predict Grade AAC of all. Any advise of uni?
Again its a VERY general question.

You're really going to have to look for universities you like and then ask us maybe if we think you would be accepted or not.

but then again you could just look at the standard offers yourself and see if you would get in yourself....

sorry if im not being 'helpful' its just 'What university should I apply for with AAC?' isn't an easy question to answer.
I loved Bath when I looked round - that's AAC. Apply to Leicester, it's great and I think it's ABC. (Both of those include Further Maths). Although they might change for this application cycle.

When I looked for courses I literally looked on UCAS for every university that taught Maths and worked my way down the list, looking at ones that caught my eye, and researched grade requirements and the courses etc. It's hard to make specific recommendations for someone - one course does not fit all!!!
Reply 9
Bath, Manchester, Southampton, East Anglia, Leicester will be my choice, I think, what your guys think?
Reply 10
hamtomilton
Well you need 3 A's for KCL, ABB for Soton & ABB for manchester.

So I think KCL would be out of the pot.

Really this is something you should be looking at yourself. Just google the university and maths and this normally takes you directly to the maths department website.

3 A's for King's? The prospectus says AAA-AAB and you're gonna get an even lower offer if Further Maths is included. And I've seen ABB offers on here.
Reply 11
kchika
3 A's for King's? The prospectus says AAA-AAB and you're gonna get an even lower offer if Further Maths is included. And I've seen ABB offers on here.

It's hard to say.Personally I think it is depend on how many people choose this course
Well Financial Maths at Loughborough is ABB, so you may have a chance of getting in..

Latest