The Student Room Group

Would it be realistic for me to apply to any top universities?

I am an international student and planning to apply for law, 2025 cycle.
I have good grades, couple of MUNs and debate competitions, some of which i have won. I have an active blog post.
As supercurriculars, I have read a book, heard podcasts and attended an online course on law.
Unfortunately, I could not get any work experience. I applied at some places for imternship but got no response. Is it realistic for me to apply to any good university? Plz be honest, I can take the criticism.
Original post by crowningstars123
I have good grades, couple of MUNs and debate competitions, some of which i have won. I have an active blog post.
As supercurriculars, I have read a book, heard podcasts and attended an online course on law.
Unfortunately, I could not get any work experience. I applied at some places for imternship but got no response. Is it realistic for me to apply to any good university? Plz be honest, I can take the criticism.

UK Law admissions is based on academic grades (plus LNAT results for some courses) not of extracurriculars.

If you think that you can get the grades then it’s realistic to apply for some courses that are at or even slightly above your predictions. Assuming that you actually like those universities and their courses and you have a backup plan if you don’t get an offer from one of those riskier choices.
Original post by crowningstars123

As @PQ has said it is about results. Be aware that the very top universities in London and Oxbridge are heavily over subscribed so your chances of getting in are quite low as is the case for everyone. Outside of London and Oxbridge the chances of offer are quite high if you meet the entry requirements. That is something you need to think about when deciding where to apply .
You dont need 'work experience' for Law. You do need evidence of academic and intellectual ability, and aptitude for Law - this is where your academic profile, grade predictions and your LNAT score come in.

As above - do not apply to all London Unis and Oxbridge - your chances of 'no offer' for any subject are high.
I always advise applicants to only pick two of these, and make their other 3 choices out-of-London and to make sure they have a range of grade requirements in those choices. Look at Universities like Bristol, Manchester, Birmingham. Liverpool etc - all 'good' for Law.
Reply 4
man, go ahead and apply. You gave good grades and a blog. what would it hurt?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending