The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Happy Unicycling
Obviously we put hours of thought and hard work into finding the current one.

Obviously :p:.

I agree with change-boy, though... maybe we should follow Mustard Man's suggestion and post a few pics up. The current one is a little... well, gaudy for my liking :wink: but that's just my opinion.
Homer Simpson -> Hendrix

Bizarre! :biggrin:

Well as said post away, I'll have a look also. Bear in mind that it gets shrunken to about 50x50 so it needs to be pretty clear.
Mustard-man
No

Post a pic, and if everyone likes it then we can ask to get it changed:smile:

classic :biggrin:
A_Singh
Obviously :p:.

I agree with change-boy, though... maybe we should follow Mustard Man's suggestion and post a few pics up. The current one is a little... well, gaudy for my liking :wink: but that's just my opinion.

Pfft, change-boy? I'm not sure if I like being called that. Maybe a nice picture of a Les Paul or something, a great guitar and recognisable.
how 'bout Hank Marvin
*Red Phoenix*
how 'bout Hank Marvin

I'm not a big fan of him and also I don't like his name, it is far too American (nothing wrong with them but that name makes him sound like the "white trash" I hear about) and a quick check on wikipedia reveals that he is actually called Brian Robson Rankin which is a much better name.
rewmck
Brian Robson Rankin

is't that an ex-footballer!?
No, it is Hank Marvin.
Reply 788
The Marvin guy brings to mind only the Starvin' Marvin from South Park who couldn't even afford a guitar...
rewmck
Pfft, change-boy? I'm not sure if I like being called that. Maybe a nice picture of a Les Paul or something, a great guitar and recognisable.

Haha, sorry. "rewmck" was a little difficult to remember, especially seeing as I only read your post, not your name :wink:.

Change-boy got the job done, but it was never going to be a permanent name :wink:.
No one ever did answer my question, by the way. Anyone else here ever heard of Joshua Raldin (acoustic guitarist)? A friend of mine sent me a small album of his (only 7 tracks) which were quite nice and soft and tuneful.

If you're into that sort of music e.g. John Mayer etc... then check him out!
I guess the logo-changing idea sort of fizzled out, then? lol...
We're lazy guitarists, what do you expect?
A_Singh
I guess the logo-changing idea sort of fizzled out, then? lol...

but its summer, too much effort :p:
Happy Unicycling
We're lazy guitarists, what do you expect?

Well, no effort, that's for sure :wink:.

As to it being summer...

...fair point :p:. Absolutely roasting out there, just went out to play a bit of cricket, having watched the footie. I like my sports as well as my guitar and my books haha.

Anyone else watch the england game?
I have no TV!

But from what I read they didn't exactly deliver a crushing victory.
Well, no, they didn't. But it was nice to see some football again. I was very excited this morning! Bit of a let down, that second half, I felt, but otherwise it was nice to see an English victory. I hope we can make it last!
Hey can I join the society, what do I have to do to get in? rescue a kidnapped strat from the hands of the KGB? unlock a 3000 year old secret by playing the entire black album by metallica in an ancient temple?

Well i won't do either :biggrin:

http://cmunki.net/v-web/gallery/albums/junkdrawer/guitar_solo.jpg
http://www.webstrings.com/images/fender-flying.jpg

Maybe one of those for the new logo?

I prefer the second one. Somehow Saruman playing the guitar doesn't quite do it for me :p:. lol.
second ones cool

Latest