The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Haha, yeah, I even signed up not too long ago. I've even commented on a tab :eek: but I can't remember what it was. Some improvement on the tab, or something...

Anyways, Flake in half barres:biggrin:.

Spoiler

Demon_AS
Haha, yeah, I even signed up not too long ago. I've even commented on a tab :eek: but I can't remember what it was. Some improvement on the tab, or something...

Anyways, Flake in half barres:biggrin:.

Spoiler

LOL you do make me laugh. What's the strumming pattern if you can even ATTEMPT to realise what your strumming when you play! Now there's a task :wink: I am crap at strumming patterns as i'm sure you recall
Tennessee
LOL you do make me laugh. What's the strumming pattern if you can even ATTEMPT to realise what your strumming when you play! Now there's a task :wink: I am crap at strumming patterns as i'm sure you recall

Lol, I don't think I have the time to even attempt to explain the strum pattern. It's not that hard to figure once you get used to strumming in sixteenth notes - having a metronome is immeasurably valuable to help you with this. You should listen to the actual song if you want to know it (again, I can send it to you if you don't already have that song), because that's what I did :biggrin:. Just practise four strums for each chord, and try and do it in an up/down/up/down way. When you have that down, double the speed, so that in the same amount of time (four beats) you manage up/down/up/down/up/down/up/down. Once you have that down, you're ready for the final test: up/down/up/down/up/down/up/down/up/down/up/down/up/down/up/down. Lol:rofl: that looks ridiculous. Once you can do THAT, *then* I'll try and explain the strum pattern to you :biggrin:.
Reply 1183
Demon.......Have you ever heard of John Butler??
Check this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VAkOhXIsI0&mode=related&search=

Its the most stupidly fast acoustic guitar playing I've ever heard......wow
Wow... that dude is seriously talented. But part of how he can achieve such amazing stuff is because his guitar has 12 strings, which is amazing in itself lol.

That is some cool talent, thanks for showing me that video! :biggrin:
I'm off to bed now, doublex. Catch you later, dude.
Reply 1186
He is unbelievable. My mate that showed me that video says that this guy used to play with his nails, but his guitar playing wore them down to the flesh so he had to get some acrylic false nails put on so he could keep playing (you can see them in the video)

Crazy, huh?

EDIT: Adios demon
Woah, that is pretty crazy :confused:. That dude has some serious skills, though!

This is what I need to learn, now... I've got most of the beginning bits down, it's just the high bits that I find difficult.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=evsW3WKzflY
Is that you on el youtube ay?
Lol, be quiet :p:. Of course it isn't. Maybe one day I'll post a video of me playing Why Georgia or something :p:.
lol okay im sorry :frown: And yes, do do :p:
*Starts learning Classical Gas.

Again.

EDIT:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KSxo84Q9VXg&mode=related&search=

:biggrin:
Classical Gas is a great little piece. I feel left out when people post all these videos though because I can't watch them (well I can, but I can't listen :wink:)

I'm trying to get back into electric guitar but I'm so sloppy it's ridiculous. I was trying to play Altitudes (which I never could play very well anyway) and it was horrible, my sweeping isn't too bad but my articulation is so weak for scalar passages. *Isn't in a very good mood now*
I have the opposite problem, scalar picking isn't a problem but sweeps are poor at best. Hmm.
Reply 1194
I've got all of classical gas down and memorised (Eric Claptons version) :biggrin:

It's not that difficult really, apart from generally keeping the timing 'tight', the only part that I think is difficult is the part at 1:45 in that last video you posted, Demon.

I'm just working on "John Butler - Mist" at the moment :smile:
The only video on youtube I can find of someone playing it is here
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FZxI0_sjSXM

It's worth listening to the original though, because this cover is played alot slower, and the guy's a bit sloppy with his playing.
Tennessee
lol okay im sorry :frown: And yes, do do :p:

Awww, sorry :hugs:. Now that I read back on it, it sounds a lot harsher than I meant :biggrin:. I just worked something out on Why Georgia... the riff sounds a lot more like how it's supposed to if you pluck all the strings that make up the Cmaj9 chord, and not just two of them like I was doing.

Yay!
doublex
I've got all of classical gas down and memorised (Eric Claptons version) :biggrin:

It's not that difficult really, apart from generally keeping the timing 'tight', the only part that I think is difficult is the part at 1:45 in that last video you posted, Demon.

Nice one. Don't get me wrong, I can play the whole thing as individual parts, but at different speeds. I'm sure practise will remedy that, but I seem to get distracted too often :frown:.
Reply 1197
hehe
You stick at it, it's worth putting the time in to get it as close to the original as possible, it's a great way to show off guitar playing, because to non-guitarists it sounds immensely fast :biggrin:
Hehe, I will. Thanks for the advice!

Why Georgia already sounds cool, though... I rarely get the chance to show off to my friends, because they rarely visit :p:. Besides, I'm not good enough yet to be able to "show off" properly... one day, though, it's on the cards :p:.
I'm raping the pentatonics these days, any solo recos?

Latest