The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Unicard

So whos got theirs yet? Mine came in the post today - the picture make my forehead look like theres a mirror on it...soo shiny! Me no likey passport photos...:p::p:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nope, still waiting on mine!! When did you send your form back though - I sent mine in quite late as I've been away all summer.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
A week or so back, maybe a bit more - sometime this month at least..
On mine, I have a big patch of concealer over one eye - one black eye, that is, which my boyfriend gave me (accidentally, I hasten to add) a few days before I rushed to get passport photos taken. Even the dodgy quality printing wasn't enough hide it. Besides that, I look generally repulsive *sniffs* It isn't fair.
Reply 4
ouch...passport photos never do anyone any good...Add to the fact Im about to get my hair cut so Im gonna lok different to my pic anyway :p:
Reply 5
i havent had mine yet but then i did send it on monday... hopefully it'll come before i go away! my photo was awful... i look like im stoned! i hate to think what it'll come out link when i get it on the card!
Reply 6
Luckily for me my unicard photo was a nice one, but when I got to uni and had to hand out photos here there and everywhere I soon ran out and so had to go to St David's station to print more (as the uni photo booth was broken, typical :rolleyes: ). The photo I got there made me look about 30 :s-smilie: and happily for me my Classics department had it pinned on the wall for three years. Great...
Angelil
Luckily for me my unicard photo was a nice one, but when I got to uni and had to hand out photos here there and everywhere I soon ran out and so had to go to St David's station to print more (as the uni photo booth was broken, typical :rolleyes: ). The photo I got there made me look about 30 :s-smilie: and happily for me my Classics department had it pinned on the wall for three years. Great...

So you'd recommend us getting lots of passport photos printed for Freshers week? lol.
Darn...more money at £4 a go in the photo booth in Morrisons!
Reply 8
I got mine the other day, and look like a criminal.

Oh well...
Reply 9
Just get one strip done, then if you have a scanner or colour photocopier, just copy a load of them at home :smile:
Reply 10
How many do you need?
Reply 11
Probably about 6, so 8 might be a good number just to be on the safe side.
Reply 12
OK theres no chance in hell my uni card looks like me anymore - My hairs completely changed!!
Okay, you know how there's always one thing you forget to do...
Right I found the piece of paper that says 'IMPORTANT - PLEASE RETAIN FOR REFERENCE' and Step: 2 Informs I need to fill in and return my unicard application form... ah...

Any chance someone can remind me what the Unicard application form looks like?
Right, never fear, I've just downloaded and printed one off from the website, it looks distinctly unfamiliar, I did think I'd been really good about keeping all my Exeter documentation altogether in this plastic folder I've got...
Anyway nothing to panic about... just get the digital camera, dig out the photo paper and send it special delivery tomorrow.
Sound like a feasible plan?
yup, good plan to me.

I have a really really good unicard photo, and the same one went to the english department, I have one of those left.

I took some more today, in a very shiny booth which makes my skin look very youthful and fresh, but, so shiny, my glasses are shining away. Luckily, they'll be my spare ones.
Somehow, miraculously, my unicard photo actually looks quite nice...which believe me, is an achievement; I'm one of the least photogenic people known to humanity. It almost seems to be in a kind of soft focus, and looks all glowy. Such an improvement on my driving licence photo, which I had taken after I'd read in a magazine that it's flattering to kind of tilt your head to one side when having passport photos taken because of the angle it gives your face (this was before all those weird, strict regulations they brought in), and ended up looking like I think I'm being mysterious, but in fact look vaguely demented, with a very daft smile indeed. Not good :eek: Never trust magazine advice.
Reply 17
my passport photo is the same one i used on my driving license and passport and it is awful but thankfully after this there is only one left :biggrin: then i can get some better ones!
Reply 18
my passport and driving license photos are terrible...they cut off the edge of my hair in the photo!!
Reply 19
I just got mine today - the photo is terrible, it's really dark and makes me just look like a splodge on the card!!

Latest

Trending

Trending