The Student Room Group
jess_17_07
I got A* in my GCSE and the work for AS is easy enough at the mo.

Anyone know when I should be prepared for the tonne of bricks? lol :redface:

C3 and C4 are difficult for most people as well as the further maths modules.
Reply 2
C4 is the most challenging of the six you will do for the A-level.

C3 is simply a furthering of the stuff you learn in C2 but isn't that hard. (in my syllabus OCR MEI anyway)

I did Maths a year early and I cruised through. Pity I'v forgotten half of the stuff I learnt last year already.
Merci beacoup :smile:
Reply 4
Depends, people who got A* at GCSE easily found AS & A2 Maths straightforward too; on the other hand people who had just about managed an A* did quite badly (Cs and Ds...). But I don't think it's too difficult if you are a mathsy person.
O dear, I just got the A*. Then again so did everyone else, apart from my friend who got top 5 lol. That's strange tho... maybe it's a phychological, perhaps ppl who just manage to get them don't actually think they have to work that hard anymore.

At least I'm wary now, thanks =)
Reply 6
Peaople who got A in GCSE are able to do Maths and FM getting A's :P so its up to how you find maths really C4 i think will be hardest but it isnt that bad if you spend a bit of time on it, its kinda pips :biggrin:
Reply 7
I don't think how well you do at GCSE determines how well you will do at A-Level. I know people that got A*s at GCSE and failed miserably in the early modules of AS, had to do many retakes, taking it lightly. I know guys that got B's at GCSE coming out with top grades at A-Level. Even at A-Level its about hard-work and determination. As long as you got a B or above, i'd say an A is a very achievable target if you're willing to work. Thats from my experience :smile:
Reply 8
jess_17_07
O dear, I just got the A*. Then again so did everyone else, apart from my friend who got top 5 lol. That's strange tho... maybe it's a phychological, perhaps ppl who just manage to get them don't actually think they have to work that hard anymore.

At least I'm wary now, thanks =)

Sorry, didn't mean to scare you! :smile: Make sure you understand concepts as you go along, rather than leaving it and hoping it will sort itself out, and do LOADS of practice questions. In Maths practice makes perfect, especially as questions are very repetitive each year. Good luck.
I thought C3 was the hardest, but all of the modules are pretty doable. My marks were about the same on each one.
My marks are improving as I go on weirdly enough. =s

I did the worst in C1 (79) Okish in Stats (83) and a lot better in C2 (95).

Looks like full marks in my A2 modules lol =P
im glad im doing AQA maths so there sho9uld be past papers available.
And ive done add maths which is practically all of C1 and bits of the other modules.
Especially good since my C1 teacher is crap and i think im gonna have to self teach all the modules he does!
<(+_+)>
My marks are improving as I go on weirdly enough. =s

I did the worst in C1 (79) Okish in Stats (83) and a lot better in C2 (95).

Looks like full marks in my A2 modules lol =P

The harder the modules, the lower the grade boundaries. So if you are fairly competent in all your maths, you are more likely to get higher marks in the A2 units.
Reply 13
silent ninja
The harder the modules, the lower the grade boundaries. So if you are fairly competent in all your maths, you are more likely to get higher marks in the A2 units.

yep indeed :biggrin::biggrin: like this year the boundaries for some papers where a lot lower then i thought they would be.

Latest