The Student Room Group

gcse results - oxbridge application

Hey, I was wondering if it would be difficult for me to make a successful oxbridge application due to my GCSE Results. I achieved:
combined science: 9-9
maths: 9
further maths: 9
religious studies: 9
urdu: 8
english lit: 8
art&design: 3d design: 6
english lang: 6
physical education: 6
I was wondering if my 6s will weigh me down esp my 6 in english language. I am looking to apply for maths/ maths and philosophy/engineering kinda subject at uni. I know that oxford specifically have a heavy weighting on gcse results and all the current engneering students that ive tried to find on linkedin have all 8s and 9s, so is there chance of me being at a disadvantage because of my gcse results. thanks
Original post by sae'
Hey, I was wondering if it would be difficult for me to make a successful oxbridge application due to my GCSE Results. I achieved:
combined science: 9-9
maths: 9
further maths: 9
religious studies: 9
urdu: 8
english lit: 8
art&design: 3d design: 6
english lang: 6
physical education: 6
I was wondering if my 6s will weigh me down esp my 6 in english language. I am looking to apply for maths/ maths and philosophy/engineering kinda subject at uni. I know that oxford specifically have a heavy weighting on gcse results and all the current engneering students that ive tried to find on linkedin have all 8s and 9s, so is there chance of me being at a disadvantage because of my gcse results. thanks

I don’t think that the 6’s are that big of a worry, as they are in subjects that aren’t especially relevant to any of the degrees you are considering.

As long as you have good interview technique, your entrance exams go well and enough supercurriculars, I reckon you still have a chance and your GCSE grades won’t be a problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending