The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Seminars - is it possible

to go to other groups seminar? I live at home and the schedule just isnt logical.

I can get to 2 of my seminars and then the study skills and Microeconomics surgery, but what about if I could go to a different groups seminar for the 3 I cant get to? Ive worked it out and there on the same weeks and 2 of them are on the same day as the seminars for my group, there just later on in the day.

Id effectively be going to my proper groups seminars, then going to three different groups seminars.

How do they work anyway? do they take a register or what?

please help !
Nick-2
to go to other groups seminar? I live at home and the schedule just isnt logical.

I can get to 2 of my seminars and then the study skills and Microeconomics surgery, but what about if I could go to a different groups seminar for the 3 I cant get to? Ive worked it out and there on the same weeks and 2 of them are on the same day as the seminars for my group, there just later on in the day.

Id effectively be going to my proper groups seminars, then going to three different groups seminars.

How do they work anyway? do they take a register or what?

please help !

it depends which uni u are at. In some unis they allow you to go to other seminars if you have a problem. And YES they do take registers, in LECTURES they dont if theres many,

SEMINARS are important, lectures are still important but less so than SEMINARS!!!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
cheers Im at Manchester. Well thats the wrong way round because you cant change lectures anyway lol. It does say dont change seminar groups. But im not changing groups i just want to go to 2 other groups 2 seminars and 1 other groups workshop.

I really dont know who to speak to and dont really wanna bring it up if they say no. Ive hardly been in this week as it is
Reply 3
can you not change them on the self service website yourself? If not then go to the admin office on D floor of MBS and talk to them. If you explain your situation they might be quite helpful about it. If they have problems with in then you could try and talk to the lecturers and seminar leaders. They probably will take a register for first years, technically you need to attend at least 75% of your classes to pass the year.. Some of the seminars are useful, some of them aren't - a lot of it depends on which seminar leader you get. I've never had a register taken in a lecture though. Probably best to try and speak to someone as soon as possible though - if you leave it until seminars start they probably won't be as helpful!
Sounds like your on BA Econ or something similar...there'll be no trouble changing seminar groups once they get started, particularly if your a first year as only 30% will turn up so there will be lots of gaps in groups...
Reply 5
really ? that makes me feel better, ive seen all the other seminars now i might have to print off all the different combinations for the 3 i cant make!

yeah its BSC management so its similar. I cant change them online as it says you cant edit them. But in a minute im going to try added other seminars then deleting the others but I doubt that works, if that fails Im not sure what im going to do.

I think Manchester have been really **** for organising freshers week you know, iv hardly met any manchester students in the clubs

Latest

Trending

Trending