The Student Room Group
Reply 1
to be fair on my first day some girl was ****ting herself about salford and moss side. I told her something i read on here or someone said to me 'shootings in moss side? I'd be more worried about being mugged in fallowfield'
Reply 2
T. Hereford
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7013627.stm

I can't believe it .:eek: I thought Fallowfield was one of the safe areas in Manchester due it being full of students. This is too close to home. :eek:

You were told very wrong. Fallowfield is one of the most crime ridden places in Manchester for two reasons. One half is a big student village the other is a big council estate. Both attract crime.

Muggings, rapes and burgeries are the biggest things you need to be worried about.

Where those shooting took place is actually very close to Moss Side anyway.

These random shootings are still very rare and as far as I know there has never been a case in the student part of Fallowfield. Your biggest worry is street attacks and burgeries but these are very easy to avoid.
Reply 3
AT82
Your biggest worry is street attacks and burgeries but these are very easy to avoid.

I hope so. :eek:
You can get shootings almost anywhere in manchester, different areas are so close together anyway.
Reply 5
That was practically down the road from where I'm from that. "Fortunately" for me, I've now moved to Warrington for uni.
Reply 6
IcedT
That was practically down the road from where I'm from that. "Fortunately" for me, I've now moved to Warrington for uni.

from what I've heard Warrington is not much better in terms of crime. :eek:
Reply 7
Dont make the mistake of thinking Fallowfield is a nice area.

Most of Manchester (bar Didsbury and Chorlton) attracts crime. Where I'm from (Wythenshawe - massive overspill council estate on the fringes) attracts as much crime as places like Moss Side and Fallowfield.

But just be streetwise and you'll be fine.
Reply 8
Chorlton and Didsbury have their share of crime too just not as much of it. I have lived in chorlton all my life and in terms of crime have been very sheltered but I still know quite a few people who have had problems here.

Wythenshawe has some very annoying problems because about 10% of the population seem to be real chavs which seem to create 95% of the crime there.

If you want a real sheltered live then move to Hale, Bowdon etc but it would be a very boring existence.
Wythenshawe
Dont make the mistake of thinking Fallowfield is a nice area.

Most of Manchester (bar Didsbury and Chorlton) attracts crime.

Inc Dibsury and Chorlton!
Crime is in every city in the UK. You just need to be streetwise, not hang around with a bad crowd and know where your going. I mean i live in Longsight and it's not as bad as everyone makes out. No Problems :yy:

Latest

Trending

Trending