The Student Room Group

HNC Business Graded Unit

Good Morning all,

I have been revising like crazy for the HNC business graded unit. I have 2 month left and do not feel 100% ready.

Does anyone have any tips?
What case study do you have? I'm doing HNC business as well, struggling a bit :K::K:
Hello fluxinvader,

I currently do not have my graded unit case study. I will recieve this in the next few week. However, my prelim case study is based on Wetherspoons. Yourself?
What are the questions like and we can help?!
Reply 4
Hey, i have my exam at the start of May - don't have my case study yet! does anyone have any mock questions or papers? My college doesn't give them out and i'm not too sure how it will be structured?

To anyone has done it? Is it quite easy if you are prepared? i need an A and i'm stressing out! X
Original post by pmc:producer
What are the questions like and we can help?!

We won't know till the day of the exam, we just get a case study beforehand so we can guess/narrow down the sort of areas they might be asking you about.

Original post by P4ddyM
Hey, i have my exam at the start of May - don't have my case study yet! does anyone have any mock questions or papers? My college doesn't give them out and i'm not too sure how it will be structured?

To anyone has done it? Is it quite easy if you are prepared? i need an A and i'm stressing out! X

There doesn't seem to be any past papers on the internet. My lecturer said that SQA don't release HNC/HND past papers the same as they do for Highers/Standard Grades etc. The one I've been given is about Edrington Whisky and it's 3/4 pages long with an appendix to boot.

Judging by the look of mine and some vague hints, I'd brush up on marketing and accounting (so explaining the effects that information on a financial statement could have on a company, such as threats, opportunities etc.) You should probably look at how the economy can affect a countries disposable income/growth. Get a few motivation and leadership theories memorised too.

I'm stressing out though, I need an A as well.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jamie McClelland
Good Morning all,

I have been revising like crazy for the HNC business graded unit. I have 2 month left and do not feel 100% ready.

Does anyone have any tips?

I have just posted asking very similar question. I cannot see any past papers, apparently SQA dont release these. So want some tips on study for this.
Original post by P4ddyM

If you get anything can you post as I am in same boat. Thanks Dawn
Reply 8
one question from an old paper is as follows.. Q/ talk about the main stakeholders and the impact that they can have on operational decision making.
Reply 9
one question from an old paper is as follows.. Q/ talk about the main stakeholders and the impact that they can have on operational decision making.
Reply 10
Anyone with any idea about Edrington whiskey ? That will be my case study for graded unit next week . Thank you
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by fluxinvader
We won't know till the day of the exam, we just get a case study beforehand so we can guess/narrow down the sort of areas they might be asking you about.

There doesn't seem to be any past papers on the internet. My lecturer said that SQA don't release HNC/HND past papers the same as they do for Highers/Standard Grades etc. The one I've been given is about Edrington Whisky and it's 3/4 pages long with an appendix to boot.

Judging by the look of mine and some vague hints, I'd brush up on marketing and accounting (so explaining the effects that information on a financial statement could have on a company, such as threats, opportunities etc.) You should probably look at how the economy can affect a countries disposable income/growth. Get a few motivation and leadership theories memorised too.

I'm stressing out though, I need an A as well.

Do you remeber quastions to Edrington case study? I have resist soon and I'm stressing out already x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending