The Student Room Group

Modules all as A2? HELP!

I thought I had my UCAS all sorted and ready to go, but now my teacher has thrown a spanner in the works. I was all set to have my AS grades listed on the form, and then my A2s as pending (since my school cashes in AS). I wasn't going to fill in my modules, since they aren't compulsory.

Apparently now my teacher has an email from UCAS saying that they all have to be listed under A Level, with each module listing (with the grades for my three AS modules and my A2 as pending).

My form and stuff has been sent to my referee and it's being sent off tomorrow. Am I going to have to make a mad dash to get it changed the the second way, or will it be okay if it's sent off before I can correct this?
Reply 1
Joanna May
Apparently now my teacher has an email from UCAS saying that they all have to be listed under A Level, with each module listing (with the grades for my three AS modules and my A2 as pending).

Buh?

UCAS.com
If you have certificated an AS level and are continuing the subject to A2, you should:

1. enter the AS level, overall grade and unit titles and grades that make up the AS;
2. enter the same subject as an A level with the overall grade as pending and then list only the A2 units with the grades as pending. You should not re-enter the AS unit details for the A level.

http://ucas.com/students/startapplication/apply/applyeducation/educationdetails
Reply 2
I've read the website, this is what my teacher told me. She got an email from UCAS amending this, and so we are meant to change all our applications.
Reply 3
Joanna May
I've read the website, this is what my teacher told me. She got an email from UCAS amending this, and so we are meant to change all our applications.

Weird. Anyone else heard anything about this?

Personally I'd trust the official website over an email to my teacher, but maybe that's just me. If the policy changed, why wouldn't they update the website?

will it be okay if it's sent off before I can correct this?

Yes - a ton of people have already (and will continue) to apply the way the website says.

Latest

Trending

Trending