The Student Room Group

Level- headed help would be much appreciated

Hi,
I know that there have been a lot of these threads on here recently, whereby people post their past and predicted grades and ask for help and answers to any questions they might have, and im afraid that im about to do the same! Any advice anyone could give would be hugely helpful, i'l try to keep it quite short n sweet,
Right, this year im wanting to apply for IR/P/International politics courses, i am taking a gap year now but only compleated two full A-levels at College
Sociology-B
History-D

AS wise i compleated,
World Development-A
Psychology-B
Biology-D

I am retaking the history and sociology exams in January and to bring the grades up to an A(soci) and a B(hist) giving me about 360pts.
I know that these grades arent the best and will never get me into the top institutions but i would love any help in finding the best unis i could get for my grades(e.g. good overal rep, good dept).
At the moment im thinking places like Royal Holloway, Sussex, Leeds possibly Brunel, and as an increadably big long shot Kings College for War Studies, info on any of these would be brill.
The only other factor to mention would be that i would much prefer a city university in contrast to a campus based one. But then again, beggers cant be choosers, thankyou very much to anyone willing to help
Reply 1
You did 5 AS's and only 2 A levels??? Is there a good reason for that? Cos in that case, I would have thought that some unis might cut you some slack... Possibly.. Not too sure tho...

As you are on a gap year now, can't you do one of your AS's to a full A-level?? I think having three A-levels would give you a much better chance, as a lot of unis ask for three..

You should check which unis take in students based on tariffs, and which unis that don't, cos that is a big issue for you...

Latest

Trending

Trending