The Student Room Group

magdalen college school

I'm moving to Magdalen College School in Oxford for Sixth Form. Does anyone know what school life is like?
Reply 1
Original post by throaway1232
I'm moving to Magdalen College School in Oxford for Sixth Form. Does anyone know what school life is like?

i am asw!

Hi! I am as well. What subjects are you taking? I’ve only been to MCS for the quiz night and the induction day at the end of July.
Reply 3
Original post by AMBITIOUSLEARNER
Hi! I am as well. What subjects are you taking? I’ve only been to MCS for the quiz night and the induction day at the end of July.

do you hv socials? I haven't been to MCS yet lol
Reply 4

Oh I wasn’t able to go to the induction day. What was it like? I’m doing Maths, Furter Maths, Physics and Economics btw
Oh I wasn’t able to go to the induction day. What was it like? I’m doing Maths, Furter Maths, Physics and Economics btw

If you signed up for the leadership and mentoring, then we had an hour talk from the head of sixth form about that and then just went to different classrooms and had teachers summarise the subject course for A-Level.
Reply 6
Hi, Can you please summarise how the verbal reasoning test looked like?
Original post by itsbhere
do you hv socials? I haven't been to MCS yet lol

For the MCS verbal reasoning what type of questions were there (e.g. multiple choice, puzzles like 11+ but harder, long passages with comprehension questions) and how would you best recommend preparing? Thanks so much, I am feelin a bit nervous, so any advice would be much appreciated:smile:
Original post by educatttted
For the MCS verbal reasoning what type of questions were there (e.g. multiple choice, puzzles like 11+ but harder, long passages with comprehension questions) and how would you best recommend preparing? Thanks so much, I am feelin a bit nervous, so any advice would be much appreciated:smile:

Hi, the VR test was a mix of everything really. I wouldn’t worry about it too much as I had never done at VR (not even 11+) and the teachers said at the start the test is supposed to be difficult and they don’t expect anyone to finish it. I didn’t do any preparation for the Verbal Reasoning but I think they were somewhat similar to what is tested at 11+ hope that helps!
Original post by vivaan14
Hi, Can you please summarise how the verbal reasoning test looked like?

Hi! Have responded above. Sorry it took so long for me to get back.
(edited 6 months ago)
Hi, the VR test was a mix of everything really. I wouldn’t worry about it too much as I had never done at VR (not even 11+) and the teachers said at the start the test is supposed to be difficult and they don’t expect anyone to finish it. I didn’t do any preparation for the Verbal Reasoning but I think they were somewhat similar to what is tested at 11+ hope that helps!

Thanks for taking the time to reply:smile: I really appreciate it

do you recommend that i get a vr 11+ book or like do practice questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending