The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Presuming that your AS levels are certificated, that is correct. You did include all the A2 modules (pending), didn't you?
Reply 21
no :s-smilie:
oh god im getting worried now
monica7790
no :s-smilie:
oh god im getting worried now

It's alright, you don't have to include your module titles, even for modules you've already taken... it's an optional feature. So I don't think you'll get penalised for not including titles of modules you've yet to sit. :smile:
Reply 23
ok, thanks ellen!
Ahem. If you read the UCAS instructions carefully you'll see that adding the grades is optional. Naming the modules is not.
[confused]

my AS grades aren't cashed in (school policy), including the one which I've dropped (maths - C). I've added maths as an AS and everything else as an A2. Should everything just read 'pending'? Even though I'm not resitting any modules for maths? That grade certainly isn't going to change. And I got straight As for all 6 English modules (separate lit and lang) so if I'm allowed to put those in, I'd really quite like to. However, I'm resitting 2 AS music modules, so if I were to put my AS modules in for everything else but not those, does this then look suspicious?
I think it would and, as someone pointed out yesterday, if you put them in you are claiming qualifications you do not have. The solution is to get your referee to mention them.
Reply 27
Good bloke
Ahem. If you read the UCAS instructions carefully you'll see that adding the grades is optional. Naming the modules is not.

where was the ucas instructions? cos i dnt remember seeing any. i hope this dont affect me.
Reply 29
oooo i see. well ive ritten an email to ucas about the situation so i ll c what they say. thanks anyway
Reply 30
It doesn't matter whether you put 4 ASs and 3 A2s once you have your grades because the A2 includes all 6 modules so your not missing anything out.
Good bloke

*shrugs*

I'm going with what I was told on the phone by UCAS. Though, judging by your response, it would appear that they are still as inconsistent as ever.

EDIT: Good bloke, just so you know, the information you've linked to has most certainly been updated in the last few weeks. It didn't read like that when I was sorting my own application.
That is interesting. UCAS seems to be getting quite a few messages mixed. I understand that the universities have been told that entering all module grades in compulsory, but it clearly isn't in the UCAS instructions.
If an AS grade hasn't been 'cashed in' does this mean the same thing as 'declined'? The information on the UCAS link Good bloke posted doesn't seem to have an example to fit my situation. The closest seems to be, "Your AS levels have been declined and you are retaking some/all units to achieve a higher overall grade" - however, for three of my AS levels I'm not resitting any modules at all, and as far as I'm aware they've not been declined as such; they just haven't been certificated.
bruisepristine
If an AS grade hasn't been 'cashed in' does this mean the same thing as 'declined'? The information on the UCAS link Good bloke posted doesn't seem to have an example to fit my situation. The closest seems to be, "Your AS levels have been declined and you are retaking some/all units to achieve a higher overall grade" - however, for three of my AS levels I'm not resitting any modules at all, and as far as I'm aware they've not been declined as such; they just haven't been certificated.

AFAIK, if you didn't actively decline your grades by 20th Sept, they automatically become "certificated" (a.k.a. "cashed-in"). :smile:
Reply 35
*ellen marine*
AFAIK, if you didn't actively decline your grades by 20th Sept, they automatically become "certificated" (a.k.a. "cashed-in"). :smile:

no. you have to cash them in

It's hard to explain, but basically when your school enter you for the exams they also have to enter you to be cashed in. if they have, then this will show up on your results slip
*ellen marine*

are you sure? If this is true then my school's even more useless than I first thought. It's school policy to not cash anything in until the end of year 13, thus we've been told to leave things as 'pending' on UCAS and enter no AS grades. The thing about which I'm most confused is the AS I dropped!

For some reason I had it in my head that it was the other way round, i.e. you have until the 20th september to 'claim' the grade, otherwise it won't be certificated.

*pulls hair out* I don't think I'm ever going to get this bloody thing finished!

edit: having reconsidered, I'm fairly sure everything is uncertificated still, because teachers have been asking students (later than september 20th I'm sure) which AS modules, if any, they want to resit in January. But I'm still massively confused about the AS subject I dropped!
Reply 37
bruisepristine
are you sure? If this is true then my school's even more useless than I first thought. It's school policy to not cash anything in until the end of year 13, thus we've been told to leave things as 'pending' on UCAS and enter no AS grades. The thing about which I'm most confused is the AS I dropped!

For some reason I had it in my head that it was the other way round, i.e. you have until the 20th september to 'claim' the grade, otherwise it won't be certificated.

*pulls hair out* I don't think I'm ever going to get this bloody thing finished!

edit: having reconsidered, I'm fairly sure everything is uncertificated still, because teachers have been asking students (later than september 20th I'm sure) which AS modules, if any, they want to resit in January. But I'm still massively confused about the AS subject I dropped!

Yup, ellen was wrong with that :smile:
However, you're also wrong. the september deadline wasn't the last day to claim the grade - your school had to do that when they entered you for the exams.

The september deadline was just the deadline for declining grades that were already cashed in. why does everyone insist n trying to complicate things?
Juno
Yup, ellen was wrong with that :smile:
However, you're also wrong. the september deadline wasn't the last day to claim the grade - your school had to do that when they entered you for the exams.

The september deadline was just the deadline for declining grades that were already cashed in. why does everyone insist n trying to complicate things?

so I'm assuming this means none of my grades are cashed in - including maths, which I dropped - as my school didn't know I was dropping it at the time of exam entry (around feb/march?).

edit: thanks by the way.
Juno
no. you have to cash them in

It's hard to explain, but basically when your school enter you for the exams they also have to enter you to be cashed in. if they have, then this will show up on your results slip

:confused: Oh, sorry everyone - my bad!

So.. basically it's automatic as far as I'm concerned, because the school did it on my behalf?

So presumably if they didn't cash you in, they would let you know what state your exam results are in? Hm...

Latest

Trending

Trending