The Student Room Group
if you do an extra 3, where one is the further pure 1 module... then you can get an AS in further maths.... if you do another 3 ontop of those, with one being Further Pure 2... then you can get a whole extra A'level in further maths

or if you already do further maths

you can just do extra modules for the hell of it! =]
You can do either FP2 or FP3 as part of Further Maths, as they are independent of each other, i.e. you can do FP1, FP3 + 4 applied or FP1 + FP2 + 4 applied or FP1, FP2, FP3 + 3 applied.
is that the same with all exam boards?
Reply 4
didgeridoo12uk

or if you already do further maths

you can just do extra modules for the hell of it! =]

Or you can do 3 extra modules to get an a level in further maths(additional) and six extra to get the whole a level.

I think this is only available with ocr and edexcel.
Yep, you can 15 total modules for a AS Additional Further maths and 18 for A Level Additional Further Maths. And it's the OCR MEI (and Edexcel) specification it's available on.
yeh... i'm on AQA... which dont do additional further maths..... which kinda sucks.....
Reply 7
I'm teching myself the 6 extra modules this year (Or at least thats the *plan*!)
Alot of the applied modules are really very easy, S2 is easy and M2 is a followon from physics. Not only that but the text books are good and self-teaching is not hard.

You can do an extra applied module so you can swap marks if you do better in one than another, but if you're predicted an A you don't really need to.

I dropped a subject this year (i;m in U6th) so have the time to teach myself an A-Level but the FP's are full of new concepts which although are not very hard, it takes time to come to terms with them and understand them, and be able to totally explain what they are in your own language.
Reply 8
I am curious, why not take STEP III instead?

Latest