The Student Room Group

Can anyone here speak an asian language?

Scroll to see replies

I just completed 1 year of learning Mandarin
Reply 21
Original post by saharan_skies
Predominantly in English because I've lived in England for the greater half of my life but sometimes I do do the odd misspeaking in Nepalese when someone's talking to me in English haha

Can you think in Nepalese?
Yeah!! There are a lot of words that I use in Nepalese that I have to use when I'm talking in English because I can't translate it directly (in my head and outloud) :tongue:
Original post by jfwekfnwe
Can you think in Nepalese?
Reply 23
Original post by saharan_skies
Yeah!! There are a lot of words that I use in Nepalese that I have to use when I'm talking in English because I can't translate it directly (in my head and outloud) :tongue:

How many languages can you think in?
Tamil and english
Reply 25
Original post by tamil fever
Tamil and english

What language do you think in?
I can only think in English and Nepalese; it's like a ratio of 80%:20% to each other tho
How many languages can you think in?
Panjabi
Original post by esrever
Yes. I can speak Hindi and Marathi.

me too!:h:
Reply 29
Original post by College_Dropout
Panjabi

Can you think in Punjabi?
Can you think in English?

both...most of the times when I am angry or cursing I think in Tamil.When I want things done I think in English and sometimes its in a mix.And when I think "oh no",or "so annoying" or "so..." I think in Korean because I watch too much korean dramas.

EDIT:and sometimes German..but that's rare..
Reply 31
Original post by tamil fever
both...most of the times when I am angry or cursing I think in Tamil.When I want things done I think in English and sometimes its in a mix.And when I think "oh no",or "so annoying" or "so..." I think in Korean because I watch too much korean dramas.

EDIT:and sometimes German..but that's rare..

So how many languages can you think in? Do you have a preferred thinking language?
So how many languages can you think in? Do you have a preferred thinking language?

Preferred thinking language would be english...but I can't choose really.I like thinking in all those languages.
i can speak Bengali
Reply 34
Original post by dcencima
i can speak Bengali

depends on what im doing and wht environment im in when its stressful i do either but usually its english
Reply 36
Original post by dcencima
depends on what im doing and wht environment im in when its stressful i do either but usually its english

Can you think in bengali?
I used to be decent in Korean when I lived in Seoul, but since I moved back to Europe (nearly 8 years now) I've lost it all, apart from how to say "Hello, my name is ..." and "Thank you".

Bangla - Speak, yes. Write/read, no.

Arabic - Speak, sorta. Read/write, yes.

I mostly speak English
Reply 39
Original post by ClearSky
Bangla - Speak, yes. Write/read, no.

Arabic - Speak, sorta. Read/write, yes.

I mostly speak English

What language do you think in? What age did you learn all 3?

Quick Reply

Latest