The Student Room Group

Can anyone here speak an asian language?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by saharan_skies
I can only think in English and Nepalese; it's like a ratio of 80%:20% to each other tho

Do you have to force yourself to think in Nepalese?
sometimes if I can't remember a word or how to phrase things otherwise it's all natural
Original post by jfwekfnwe
Do you have to force yourself to think in Nepalese?
Reply 42
Original post by saharan_skies
sometimes if I can't remember a word or how to phrase things otherwise it's all natural

But you prefer to think in English?
Yeah... I think I'm just not used to speaking Nepalese a lot, it has improved massively from before but I used to be unable to hold a conversation because I was afraid of ridicule ><
But you prefer to think in English?
Can you think in Punjabi?
Can you think in English?

Yes
Yes
Reply 45
Original post by College_Dropout
Yes
Yes

Do you have a preferred thinking language?
Original post by dcencima
depends on what im doing and wht environment im in when its stressful i do either but usually its english

What does the food kisori look like ? Random question but I wanna know lol.
Reply 47
Lol, funny coming from an asian yourself. How are the roids doing?
Gujarati and can understand basic urdu/Hindi
I'm gna self teach myself Spanish this summer
Reply 49
Original post by Ribbit1234
Gujarati and can understand basic urdu/Hindi
I'm gna self teach myself Spanish this summer

What language do you think in?
Original post by esrever
Yes. I can speak Hindi and Marathi.

Neither of those are Asian languages. Indians, Pakistanis, and Bangladeshis are not Asians. Asians have almond-shaped eyes. I don't know why Britons always get that wrong.
punjabi and arabic
Reply 52
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Neither of those are Asian languages. Indians, Pakistanis, and Bangladeshis are not Asians. Asians have almond-shaped eyes. I don't know why Britons always get that wrong.

That's the american definition, in the UK, someone from Asia is classified as Asian. In the US it is usually someone from East Asia.

asian relates to something from a country within the continent of asia and last i checked they all are from asia.
That's the american definition, in the UK, someone from Asia is classified as Asian. In the US it is usually someone from East Asia.

Yeah, too bad the US is the dominant country, culture, and definer of the English language and nobody gives a **** what Britons think...
What language do you think in? What age did you learn all 3?

I think in English, and speak to almost everyone in English. So from around when I was 1.
Just my grandparents don't speak English well so I speak Bengali to them. I learnt it at the age of 3.

Arabic is really recent. I'm still learning it, but I know enough to talk to people in Arab countries.
Reply 56
Original post by ClearSky
I think in English, and speak to almost everyone in English. So from around when I was 1.
Just my grandparents don't speak English well so I speak Bengali to them. I learnt it at the age of 3.

Arabic is really recent. I'm still learning it, but I know enough to talk to people in Arab countries.

Can you think in Bengali?

Scuse you, Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis are most certainly Asian languages. I don't know where you got the idea that all Asians have almond shaped eyes. :curious:
What language do you think in?

English

When I was in India and all the people around me spoke Gujarati I'd switch around and think in both langaues
Reply 59
Original post by Ribbit1234
English

When I was in India and all the people around me spoke Gujarati I'd switch around and think in both langaues

Can you think in Gujarati?

Quick Reply

Latest