The Student Room Group

Can anyone here speak an asian language?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by rb16
Same, my parents tried to teach me how to write and read in Nepalese, but they gave up, realising I was hopeless:colondollar:

Can you speak Nepalese?
Reply 81
Original post by jfwekfnwe
Can you speak Nepalese?

Not fluently anymore, my ability to speak Nepalese is getting progressively worse as I get older
Reply 82
Original post by College_Dropout
Yes
Yes

What is your default thinking language?
Original post by sfaraj
another arab!!

haha nope, im not arab. I'm actually pakistani by ethnicity. just been learning arabic after school/weekends for a few years .
Reply 84
Original post by dididid
haha nope, im not arab. I'm actually pakistani by ethnicity. just been learning arabic after school/weekends for a few years .

What languages are you fluent in?
I think in English naturally, I don't have to force myself but there are some phrases and words which don't have the same effect in English so sometimes it's a bit of both. But 99% in English
Do you have to force yourself to think in Gujarati? Like do you think in English naturally?
Hindi Urdu and Bengali (Im bengali but im also learning Turkish [Mandatory language if you wanna survive in North London XD] and Arabic
Reply 87
Original post by Ribbit1234
I think in English naturally, I don't have to force myself but there are some phrases and words which don't have the same effect in English so sometimes it's a bit of both. But 99% in English

Can you think in Gujarati?
Original post by dcencima
are u Pakistani
basically but its got more stuff to it than just the plain rice and coloured it has daal and few other things

Nah I'm an indian Muslim
Can you think in Gujarati?

Yes uve asked this already. Why do u wanna know so bad
Reply 90
Yes uve asked this already. Why do u wanna know so bad

Because you can speak two languages fluently? I want to know if you can force yourself to think in Gujarati.
Fluent in Persian (the Asian one), English and Russian (non-Asian lol)
Somewhat decent at Japanese (another asian one-studied for about 8 years).
Know a little Polish
Nah I'm an indian Muslim

oh cool are you in year 11
Punjabi & English (Some french)
Because you can speak two languages fluently? I want to know if you can force yourself to think in Gujarati.

You mean like switch from thinking in English to Gujarati. Yes I can, if ur fluent then it's not hard to do. But my English is better, I speak it more and I'm also surrounded by more English speakers so naturally think in English. But if I really tried then yeh I'd be able to think in Gujarati as well but it would be a bit weird
Reply 95
You mean like switch from thinking in English to Gujarati. Yes I can, if ur fluent then it's not hard to do. But my English is better, I speak it more and I'm also surrounded by more English speakers so naturally think in English. But if I really tried then yeh I'd be able to think in Gujarati as well but it would be a bit weird

So how many languages can you think in?
So how many languages can you think in?

Omfdddd
Reply 97
Omfdddd

How many languages can you think in?
What languages are you fluent in?

english, punjabi and i can follow/speak decent arabic but not very fast.
Original post by sfaraj
omg hi fellow arabic speaker!

مرحبا يا أخي/ أختي! كيف الحال

Quick Reply

Latest