The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It's still early days yet. Last year I sent my application in early October and hadn't heard back from all of my universities until mid-late February.
Reply 21
Yup, I didn't hear back form LSE until the very end of March.
kates:)
anyone got any ideas on how long Durham, KCL, Bristol, will take for offers/rejections?

I got a letter from Durham this week saying they'd largely be waiting until after the 15th Jan deadline to be sending out decisions so i'm not expecting to hear from them for a good while yet.

Ahh, loads of Warwick Hist and French offers have gone out. I've applied for History and Culture, but taken the options which make it essentially History and German and am now wondering whether this will be the same department...?
kates:)
anyone got any ideas on how long Durham, KCL, Bristol, will take for offers/rejections?

Durham have just done their first lot of rejections/offers. Bristol seem to already have given out a fair few offers (albeit for other subjects) so whether that's a sign of impending history offers, I can't say.
Reply 24
Last year, it seems that the majority of Durham applicants waited until the end of March, although they did give out a few offers and rejections before Christmas. KCL will probably be slow as they interview, and Bristol will probably do one wave before Christmas and another one afterwards. I know it's tough guys, but decisions will come through eventually, and there really nothing for you to do at this moment in time, except focus on your A Levels to turn those predicted grades into reality.
Reply 25
for those of us with grades its even worse, no A levels to focus on, more time to focus on what offers/rejections havent come in yet :wink:
Ditto that :frown:. There's no "I can re-apply next year when I have the grades" to fall back on now. For me, this is it!
yay, my first offer-AAB for Royal Holloway, foos
Reply 28
Got my royal holloway unconditional through monday too!
I've got all three of my English and History offers as of tonight! *chuffed*

They're from Glasgow, Queen's and Sussex =]

Anyone else heading to those places?
I'd love to know how you crafted your statement for those subject choices!
Reply 31
sheffield AAB
birmingham ABB
my subject choices?!?!?
Yah. Law, history and english all in one application cycle! Must have been some blag.
Hmm...well it was fine...i can send ya my personal statement if you like! =P History and English is a joint degree so really I was only applying for two different things...and I do those for A Level so they didn't need much explanation...
Reply 35
i got rejected by durham for history :frown:
Awh...I was gonna apply there...*hugs* was it your first choice?
Reply 37
yeeeeep i loved it
*sniff*
ah well, still hoping on offers from Bristol and KCL
it is a pretty place! good luck with everything else! =]
Don't worry, it sucks but you'll have forgotten soon. Happened to me last year.

Latest

Trending

Trending