The Student Room Group

AQA PHYSICS A Level UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME - 15th June 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Radial174115
im more than sure this question was a 2 marker because i was wondering where the second mark came from as i didnt realise how to work the angle out for ages stupidly. and i got 225N not 113N dont know which is correct though

What was part b of the Ladder Question?
Original post by Amirali_Mr

I think it was to work out the force so tbh thinking about it i might have looked at the wrong marks
Original post by Amirali_Mr

Part b was the arrow question, tbh i dont think there was angle because i used that force to get an angle, which means ive probably looked at the wrong marks for that question because an arrow should only give one mark
Original post by LightAtTheEnd
I think the surface area was 32cm^2 for the solar cell which gives like 3.2 x 10^-4 m^2 and hence a final answer of 263Wm^-2??

7.3s for blocks to come down.
12s to reload
19.3s total.
Trolleys with block sent down 93 times (1800/19.3)
186 blocks in total (2 blocks per trolley).

The mistake a lot of people made was that they did 0.75 x actual acceleration. Question said in practice a break decreases it TO 25% of maximum acceleration, not BY 25% of maximum acceleration.

Got most of it correct. Did a few mistakes in the forced vibration questions and in the ladder question. I predict bout 20/25 for MC and perhaps 45/60 for rest. About 65/85 is my prediction for that paper. Hopefully, that's an A. Physics doesn't count for me/uni offer. Decent/standard paper maybe slightly harder. I'd say 60-65% for an A would be standard.

got exactly the same pal
Reply 64
Original post by revisionphysics
I think it was 1.46Mev
which will give wavelength=8.09*10^-13m

Particles-1,2,3,3
Refraction-1,2,3
Electricity-2,4,3
String-2,4,2
Ladder-1,2,4,2
Trolleys-1,2,2,3,2
SHM-3,2,4

Thank you so so much
I'm good now with your help
I think can get 51 of 85 marks defo
Do you know how was question one
Part1 electron capture I think
Part 2 ?
Part 3?
Part 4?
Calculate wavelength and beta Minus decay but I don't know which part were?
Original post by LightAtTheEnd
I think the surface area was 32cm^2 for the solar cell which gives like 3.2 x 10^-4 m^2 and hence a final answer of 263Wm^-2??

7.3s for blocks to come down.
12s to reload
19.3s total.
Trolleys with block sent down 93 times (1800/19.3)
186 blocks in total (2 blocks per trolley).

The mistake a lot of people made was that they did 0.75 x actual acceleration. Question said in practice a break decreases it TO 25% of maximum acceleration, not BY 25% of maximum acceleration.

Got most of it correct. Did a few mistakes in the forced vibration questions and in the ladder question. I predict bout 20/25 for MC and perhaps 45/60 for rest. About 65/85 is my prediction for that paper. Hopefully, that's an A. Physics doesn't count for me/uni offer. Decent/standard paper maybe slightly harder. I'd say 60-65% for an A would be standard.

I'm 99% sure it said reduced by 25%, i reread that part multiple times to make sure
Original post by Warecaptain
I'm 99% sure it said reduced by 25%, i reread that part multiple times to make sure

This definitely said reduced to 25% i did it wrong the first time and had to redo this question, so easy to make that mistake
im pretty sure the wavelength of the photon emitted was 8.51x10^-13
2c 5d and 5e are wrong
for the momentum of the block i put that A would have a larger momentum than B since they are both moving with the same velocity and A has a larger mass?
Original post by Ibmonster
for the momentum of the block i put that A would have a larger momentum than B since they are both moving with the same velocity and A has a larger mass?

thats what i put but ive seen people tell me the mass is the same for both so the momentum is the same and im really confused
Original post by kevguy1999
thats what i put but ive seen people tell me the mass is the same for both so the momentum is the same and im really confused

mass A had the two blocks on it? so woudnt have a larger mass? DX
Reply 72
For the ladder question, the reaction force at the wall was perpendicular to the wall so the friction must have been zero. If it wasn't zero then the reaction at the wall wouldn't be perpendicular to the wall.
Reply 73
Original post by Warecaptain

I also thought this but I only briefly checked it over so I could be wrong :frown:
Just remembered this and I hope I didn't over think it. There was a multiple choice question on the photoelectric effect where the wavelength was doubled. I initially thought that the max KE increased and the electrons remained the same. On second though I changed my answer to the max KE increased and the number of electrons decreased. Half the wavelength means double the frequency so each photon has double the energy. However the question said the intensity of light remained the same so to get the same intensity (power per unit area) you must have half the number of photons since the are now carrying double the energy? Is this right?
Original post by Richard971
Just remembered this and I hope I didn't over think it. There was a multiple choice question on the photoelectric effect where the wavelength was doubled. I initially thought that the max KE increased and the electrons remained the same. On second though I changed my answer to the max KE increased and the number of electrons decreased. Half the wavelength means double the frequency so each photon has double the energy. However the question said the intensity of light remained the same so to get the same intensity (power per unit area) you must have half the number of photons since the are now carrying double the energy? Is this right?

yes this is correct
Original post by merked
I also thought this but I only briefly checked it over so I could be wrong :frown:

It said reduced to 25% :frown:
Original post by Xenon17
yes this is correct

Thank you.
Thank you.

I don't think so. I think intensity is proportional to the number of p/e emitted

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you.

Also increase in wavelength >> decrease in frequency >> max KE decreases

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending