The Student Room Group
I have a similar essay to write. "How well does psychology explain aggression" (24 Marks).

Ours is abit simpler. I am just going to take two theorys that contradict each other, such as deindividuation & Relative deprivation hypothesis, then compare and contrast. I'm also going to sneakily use the biological theory as it completely contrasts all psychological theory Then I'm going to follow up with some synoptic links from milgram and zimbardo (references to how electric shocks don't always represent aggression, using milgram) and (How males may be more aggressive than women because they are conforming to social roles contrasted to the biological theory, then use zimbardos experiment as my evidence)
Reply 2
aww thanx for your reply..ironically the time u replied was the time i was on the train feeling chuffed coz it was out the way!
g0od luck with urs tho =]
Reply 3
well, we're doing AQA and you only need 2 explanations and ive been told the SLT theory of aggression is easy marks! and deindividuation, as mentioned above ^
but yours sounds a bit more complicated so id include a biological explanation aswell if i was doing the essay.. or freud or something. synoptic stuff?
Reply 4
Hi,
although it may be a little late in replying, but the book social psychology by hogg and vaughn 4th edition has a very good chapter on aggression it gives studies that are useful,you could track them down and have a read of them, hope this helps.

Latest

Trending

Trending