The Student Room Group

Applying to one dental school

Hi,

I just wanted to know if anyone has ever applied to one dental school and succeeded? I really want to do dentistry but to personal family problems, there's is only one available to me. So on my ucas form I was planning to put that one dentistry school down and the rest pharmacy. But I'm unsure on whether to do it or not.
So you are only applying to 2 unis?
Reply 2
Original post by redhelen
So you are only applying to 2 unis?

No I mean to say I'm applying to 3 unis altogether but out of the 5 options on ucas I'm asking if applying to one dental school using one of my options and then the rest all pharmacy is possible?
Yes as unis don't see where else you have applied or what courses. Think it will be a long slog though with little prospect but nothing ventured nothing gained.
Reply 4
Oh so unis don't see your other choices on your ucas form? I'm just thinking on how I would go about writing my personal statement then because I obviously can't have both pharmacy and dentistry in it
If you want a shot at dentistry you would have to hear your PS towards that. Have you been to the dentistry open day at this uni? If not go in Sept and do exactly as they advise when writing your PS.
Reply 6
Yes I have but at the time I didn't ask about pharmacy because it hadn't crossed my mind but the thing I'm scared of is by doing a personal statement on dentistry but then applying for pharmacy at the other 2 unis and getting rejected because of that
I think you are going to have to choose. Do you get interviews for pharmacy? If not then if you have great gces then I think they would accept you without looking too deeply into the PS. The only place I know of that want you to show you have considered other medical type professions is Sheffield.
Reply 8
Original post by Mood245
Hi,

I just wanted to know if anyone has ever applied to one dental school and succeeded? I really want to do dentistry but to personal family problems, there's is only one available to me. So on my ucas form I was planning to put that one dentistry school down and the rest pharmacy. But I'm unsure on whether to do it or not.

Hey! Did you follow through with this? if so, how did it go, i’m in the same boat
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Mood245
Hi,

Hey! Did you follow through with this? i’m in the same boat

Quick Reply

Latest