The Student Room Group

Learn direct access course

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone, I am doing an acces course in college since september but I am really struggeling cas I am a single parent of two children and stopped my part time work too But queit struggeling with financial. So I am planning to go for acces course with learning direct. Could you Please share your opinions with me How is learning direct? And are they supportive? Thank you
Original post by Selina05
Hi everyone, I am doing an acces course in college since september but I am really struggeling cas I am a single parent of two children and stopped my part time work too But queit struggeling with financial. So I am planning to go for acces course with learning direct. Could you Please share your opinions with me How is learning direct? And are they supportive? Thank you

I wouldn't if I were you. From what I can gather, LD are in quite a bit of financial trouble, plus they're not very supportive. What is your end goal? What would you like to study at university?
Thanks for ur reply:smile: @snufkin but when you say finance trouble what do you mean by that? I am planning to do psychology in Uni. And I already checked with their acces course in social science and humanities, that’s exactly the same course I am doing in college now and the same modules. I would like to go for this as it is my only choice if want still want to study whilst am working. Have you studied with LD before or studying now?
Original post by Selina05
Thanks for ur reply:smile: @snufkin but when you say finance trouble what do you mean by that? I am planning to do psychology in Uni. And I already checked with their acces course in social science and humanities, that’s exactly the same course I am doing in college now and the same modules. I would like to go for this as it is my only choice if want still want to study whilst am working. Have you studied with LD before or studying now?

I read in a newspaper that they got a really terrible Ofsted report and since then they've been losing money. :dontknow: When you say the same course that you're doing now, does that mean you're already doing an Access course? Have you considered doing an Open University course? You could study with them alongside work, and you'd get a lot more support.

Nah, I haven't - but I've read some bad reviews from people on here and other sites.
Ohh are you on about this one https://www.theguardian.com/education/2017/aug/15/government-pulls-all-learndirect-contracts-and-funding I was just reading it but how I understood from this is more in regards to apprentship course but it will not effect the acces courss. Yes I’m studying acces course in college atm but as in private circumstances I won’t b able to continue and need to work instead. That’s why I am planning to do an online course (unless my teacher won’t mind me working from home) 🙈😬
Oh yeah I was just reading it and what I have understood from is that it is only effecting the apprentship courses. Yes I am doing acces course incollegenow but coz of private circumstances I won’t be able to continue (unless my tescher wouldn’t mind me working from home) but that’s unlikely I guess:-(
Hi everyone, I started to do my acces course in college, But I am finding it queit hard as I am a single parent of two children. I am struggeling with my financial as I stopped my work. So I am looking to start learning direct instead. How are they? And their support? Please share your opinions with me Thank you
Beth, did you ever go to UWE and study midwifery after completing this access course?
How did this go for you I’ve just started and find the starting units hard lol
Original post by Tiffanyphilpott
Beth, did you ever go to UWE and study midwifery after completing this access course?

Judging by her latest posts she was looking at the foundation course at uwe. I want to do this course and apply to uwe or Worcester. I’m going to contact them. Did you get any information?
Original post by Lisajane04
How did this go for you I’ve just started and find the starting units hard lol

I’m struggling on the first units about studying I just find the support crap no one checks in with me to make sure I’m ok and I’m paying for it i wish i had gone and done it in a college instead of learn direct
Original post by KanyesVest
I am doing an access course with them now. The website is bright and easy to read and the work is interesting. However the support from tutors isn't great and you need to have a lot of motivation to get through it. If you can wait to go to collage then do that 1000% if you have no choice then this is as good as anything 🙂

I wish i had done this in college as I’m struggling on the preparing to study unit and there is no help
Original post by Lisajane04
I’m struggling on the first units about studying I just find the support crap no one checks in with me to make sure I’m ok and I’m paying for it i wish i had gone and done it in a college instead of learn direct

Hang on in there. I did units like these in my first year of uni and they were boring! It’s putting me off starting an access course
Any tips im struggling abit xxx
hi i am doing access course when i submit my assignment it keep saying make sure to complete all the questions when I already have ? any idea why its saying that ? also there is a work count so do you think I would need to complete fullmword count?
Hello, they say that the teachers on the course are boring and do not check the work well, is this true or not? And how much time a day should be devoted to midwifery education?
The teachers treated me indifferently. I practiced for 3-4 hours, here everything is individual. Because of this, I dropped out and went to law school. But due to employment, I use academic support https://myacademicprogram.com/ .This allows me not to worry about studying and is a guarantee of receiving a diploma
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 37
Original post by Beth242
Send admissions an email, im sure they eill be able tell you. My chosen uni doesn't say anything about not accepting assignments in certain ways so hope they tell me when they reply haha! I ideally want to go to UWE but would apply as a second option to oxford brookes! But would definetely prefer UWE and midwifery for me 😌

Hi there, I'm also looking to apply for the midwifery access course from Learndirect! Everything just seems so sudden so I was abit worried before applying and came here to look for reviews before I apply. I'm still not sure how I feel but I think I'm just going to go for it and hope for the best 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending