The Student Room Group

Access to HE Diploma

I am looking to do a career change following a 20+ career in IT, and wish to study Osteopathy starting in 2024. Research so far indicates that I need to do an Access to HE diploma equivalent to 18 Level 3 credits for entry.
There appear to be many course providers out there - does anyone have any tips for choosing a course provider, or any feedback on a course you have completed?
All of this is new to me as I haven't been to Uni before.
Next topic to research will be around funding...but will save that for a separate post. :-)
Hey first off congrats for taking the leap and making the change. I’m 43 and haven’t ever been to uni and took the plunge with an access course through Learn Direct. I finished in May and have my place to start at uni this month on my degree course. I definitely recommend them, recommend checking with uni that the course satisfies their requirements and check that your maths and English is enough for the degree you want to do. Access course is a great way to switch your brain back into learning mode and for learning how to write academically. Go for it!
Original post by sceptre0
I am looking to do a career change following a 20+ career in IT, and wish to study Osteopathy starting in 2024. Research so far indicates that I need to do an Access to HE diploma equivalent to 18 Level 3 credits for entry.
There appear to be many course providers out there - does anyone have any tips for choosing a course provider, or any feedback on a course you have completed?
All of this is new to me as I haven't been to Uni before.
Next topic to research will be around funding...but will save that for a separate post. :-)

I think the University College of Osteopathy do that but I heard they are closing down or something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending