The Student Room Group

How hard is geography a level?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sumzi_ia
hi. i havent done geography gcses as i chose history, but i want to consider it for my a levels do you think ill be able to do it?

someone reply, because im thinking of doing this aswell!
Original post by sumzi_ia
hi. i havent done geography gcses as i chose history, but i want to consider it for my a levels do you think ill be able to do it?

Well I mean you've given us no information on you - so you can't expect us to make a decision for you - look at the course on the sixth forms you are considering applying to - check if you need Geography for GCSE, check the content - does it appeal to you, etc! And one important question - does it add to your career prospect
Original post by tasnym225
someone reply, because im thinking of doing this aswell!

Hi, this thread was made in 2017! It’s usually better to make your own thread rather than commenting on an old one :smile:

I had a friend who did this and they were fine with the A-level if that helps? They brushed over the gcse content during the summer with a cgp revision guide which they found useful
Original post by username2803872
Title

I'm doing AQA

I took CIE geography and currently moving on to grade 13. I got A in my as level. Geography is a hard subject, probably one of the hardest ones. However, if you are good at memorising things, then you may do well in geography.
Original post by abcd0613
I took CIE geography and currently moving on to grade 13. I got A in my as level. Geography is a hard subject, probably one of the hardest ones. However, if you are good at memorising things, then you may do well in geography.

They would have already done the exams by now - it was 3 years ago

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending