The Student Room Group

Can the admin of my school gmail account see what I have browsed?

Can the admin of my school account still see what I have browsed even though my web activity was paused during the time of my searching? (When web activity is paused it shouldnt be recording anything) It says there is no activity to see, however I am concerned the school admin has some type of 'supieror' account that lets them see whatever I have browsed even though web activity was not enabled.
Note: I was not on the schools network. Neither using a school device.
Original post by IHateAnxietyy
Can the admin of my school account still see what I have browsed even though my web activity was paused during the time of my searching? (When web activity is paused it shouldnt be recording anything) It says there is no activity to see, however I am concerned the school admin has some type of 'supieror' account that lets them see whatever I have browsed even though web activity was not enabled.
Note: I was not on the schools network. Neither using a school device.

Why didn't you just logout of your account? :lol: If it says "paused" then in theory the admin should not be able to see it.

Just tagging @AngryJellyfish to get this moved to the Tech forum.
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Why didn't you just logout of your account? :lol: If it says "paused" then in theory the admin should not be able to see it.

Just tagging @AngryJellyfish to get this moved to the Tech forum.

I only realised i was logged onto my aschool account afterwards. ):
whoes been look at a dodgy site. if your on why should it nor show.
I only realised i was logged onto my aschool account afterwards. ):

Ah fair enough. Usually the school admins/technicians won't even check school e-mail account history.
Administrators on one website, such as your G Suite administrator cannot see your browsing history. If they could it would be a serious security issue Internet-wide.

If you are on your school's wifi network they can see what you're browsing because all the requests go through their server.
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Ah fair enough. Usually the school admins/technicians won't even check school e-mail account history.

However the ablility is there. I just want to make sure if they do end up checking, there is no evidence or traces. I'm sorry, I only become at ease once im fully sure there is no chance of me getting caught. :biggrin:
Original post by paulbarlow
whoes been look at a dodgy site. if your on why should it nor show.

Sorry didnt catch that.
Original post by HoldThisL
Administrators on one website, such as your G Suite administrator cannot see your browsing history. If they could it would be a serious security issue Internet-wide.

If you are on your school's wifi network they can see what you're browsing because all the requests go through their server.

If somehow the admin does have access to my account, what can I do to make sure there is no traces of evidence?
If somehow the admin does have access to my account, what can I do to make sure there is no traces of evidence?

Do you mean, if the school administrator has access to your Google account, what can you do to make sure there is no evidence of your search history?

If that's what you meant, there will be no evidence of your search history because your school cannot log your search history unless you were using a school computer.
Original post by HoldThisL
Do you mean, if the school administrator has access to your Google account, what can you do to make sure there is no evidence of your search history?

If that's what you meant, there will be no evidence of your search history because your school cannot log your search history unless you were using a school computer.

Yes thats what i meant sorry! And thank u so much for answering my concerns! <3
Original post by AlexanderBW
It says my school google account history is paused, does that mean there is no trace of evidence because I have been watching some rood tik toks on google

"Is there no trace of evidence"
There's evidence everywhere, does anyone care? No.

Latest

Trending

Trending