The Student Room Group

Can't get a job

Hey all so iv been unemployed for a yr now and iv been applying for all kinds of jobs like I.T, customer service and admin and iv had at least 30 interviews this year but got rejected by all of them even though m capable of doing these jobs. What's wrong with me? Sometimes I mess up in the interview or don;'t know what to say but other times I don't say anythi g bad but they still don't want me. It just makes me think that no one likes me. Iv got a degree in computer science so want a programming job but I feel like I don't know enough. So I apply for basic I.T jobs but they still reject me :'( So what should I do now??
Original post by cherlloydfan1
Hey all so iv been unemployed for a yr now and iv been applying for all kinds of jobs like I.T, customer service and admin and iv had at least 30 interviews this year but got rejected by all of them even though m capable of doing these jobs. What's wrong with me? Sometimes I mess up in the interview or don;'t know what to say but other times I don't say anythi g bad but they still don't want me. It just makes me think that no one likes me. Iv got a degree in computer science so want a programming job but I feel like I don't know enough. So I apply for basic I.T jobs but they still reject me :'( So what should I do now??

In the UK, there are more available jobs than people who need them. The problem with that is that there aren't enough qualified people to fill out the majority of those roles. The roles that most people (IT, customer service, etc...) are seeing hundreds, even thousands in some areas, apply to single roles. That is the reason, there is nothing wrong with you. What I recommend you do is try practice programming more so that you can really judge your skills, you did a degree in Comp Sci so you do know more coding than you think you do. You got this! 🙂 What you should do is apply to jobs where you can use your degree, one of the roles is being a Comp Sci teacher at a school (which there is a great need of and you can negotiate a higher salary based on this). Best of luck and I hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2

Weren't you offered an admin job at a college a couple of months ago?
(edited 5 months ago)

Hello!
First and most important thing I can say is without even knowing you, am very confident that it won't be an issue of people not liking you, majority of the time with interviews the difficulty comes from a lack of experience or not answering a question they way they want you to.
I'd recommend to look into a good online interview practice tool, there are loads online which can give you advise on how to answer questions and provide you an environment where you can get familiar answering questions.

Don't lose hope! Job applications and interviews can be rough but you will get there. 🙂

Why not become a Chartered Accountant? 🙂

The ICAEW Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (ICAEW CFAB) is made up of six modules:

Each exam costs £70.

Business, Technology and Finance,
Management Information,
Accounting,
Law,
Assurance,
Principles of Taxation.

At the end of each module, you will need to sit an exam.

Each module is examined by a 1.5 hour computer-based exam.

The exam pass mark of each exam is 55%.

You must be [url=registered]https://my.icaew.com/studentregistration]registered as an ICAEW CFAB student to book an assessment exam.

When you have passed all six modules, you will receive your qualification certificate from ICAEW a world leader of the accountancy and finance profession.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending