The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen’s University Belfast (QUB) Applicants 2018

Scroll to see replies

Hi all,
I got a place through clearing and was wondering if there is any other GB students moving over to NI.
thank u x
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by fabs123
Hi all,
I got a place through clearing and was wondering if there is any other GB students moving over to NI.
thank u x

Congratulations, fabs123!

Original post by fabs123
Hi all,
thank u x

Yeah I am through clearing too
Hello,

I have another question about the DECAP course, if someone could help please that’d be fantastic.

Is there anyway to find out a rough idea of a timetable? Start and end times each day, how many days etc?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by psych28
Hello,

I have another question about the DECAP course, if someone could help please that’d be fantastic.

Is there anyway to find out a rough idea of a timetable? Start and end times each day, how many days etc?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Hi there psych28,

I've checked with the School and the new timetable is not out as yet.

They said to keep an eye on the website for updates.

Hope this helps a bit.

Kachela
(team Queen's)
Wonderful, thanks for your help :smile:
I am currently writing my personal statement and an Oxford student is looking over it. She says I need to have a "topic of interest" in my personal statement (i.e. pick a particular issue that interests me and discuss why I liked it, what I learned from it etc). QUB is top of my list in terms of universities and I was wondering if you would like to see a "topic of interest" just like universities like Oxford would?
Original post by virgofaced
I am currently writing my personal statement and an Oxford student is looking over it. She says I need to have a "topic of interest" in my personal statement (i.e. pick a particular issue that interests me and discuss why I liked it, what I learned from it etc). QUB is top of my list in terms of universities and I was wondering if you would like to see a "topic of interest" just like universities like Oxford would?

Hi there virgofaced :smile:

Thanks for getting in touch. I am going to check this out with our admissions team for you. Can I just ask which degree you are interested in applying for?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Hi there virgofaced :smile:

Thanks for getting in touch. I am going to check this out with our admissions team for you. Can I just ask which degree you are interested in applying for?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Hi there,

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

I'm planning on studying Common and Civil Law with Hispanic Studies
Hi there,

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

I'm planning on studying Common and Civil Law with Hispanic Studies

Hi again virgofaced :h:

The entry requirements for Common and Civil Law with Hispanic state the following:

The information provided in the personal statement section and the academic reference together with predicted grades are noted however, these are not the final deciding factors as to whether or not a conditional offer can be made. However, they may be reconsidered in a tie break situation in August.

I hope that helps to clarify things a bit!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Hi again virgofaced :h:

The entry requirements for Common and Civil Law with Hispanic state the following:

The information provided in the personal statement section and the academic reference together with predicted grades are noted however, these are not the final deciding factors as to whether or not a conditional offer can be made. However, they may be reconsidered in a tie break situation in August.

I hope that helps to clarify things a bit!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Hi Kachela,

Yep, that's perfect! Thanks a million :smile:

Hope to see you next Sept!
Hey sorry a similar question may have been asked or it may seem obvious but i was wondering how i can fund my degree if i chose to do a post grad degree. would i still be eligible for student loans? i am planning on doing biomed and then go into medicine
Hi Kachela,

Yep, that's perfect! Thanks a million :smile:

Hope to see you next Sept!

Good luck with your studies and hopefully we'll see you on campus next year!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hello I got CDD in My AS exams and predicted AAB at end of A-Level but i have 7 A's and 2 A* at GCSE will i be able to get and offer from Queens University for MEng Computer Science?
I have excellent extra-cirricular and in school volunteering
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi! I’ve just got into nursing for September 2019 :biggrin: I’m wondering what way most students handle parking - I’m applying for accommodation at the new Elms 2 and it says it has no parking, how do people normally travel to placement?
Congrats on your offer! I've got an offer too and was also looking at elms. Would want to bring my car but also would like an ensuite. will have to do some more looking!
Original post by cweir12345
Hi! I’ve just got into nursing for September 2019 :biggrin: I’m wondering what way most students handle parking - I’m applying for accommodation at the new Elms 2 and it says it has no parking, how do people normally travel to placement?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending