The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen’s University Belfast (QUB) Applicants 2018

Scroll to see replies

I've sent off my UCAS a few weeks ago and I'm applying for Architecture. How long does it usually take to receive an offer? I know some uni's wait until January before giving any offers? Also for someone who hasn't been able to visit the campus in person (I live in England) is the campus close to the city?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 41
Original post by itsjesslouise
I've sent off my UCAS a few weeks ago and I'm applying for Architecture. How long does it usually take to receive an offer? I know some uni's wait until January before giving any offers? Also for someone who hasn't been able to visit the campus in person (I live in England) is the campus close to the city?

mine took 3 weeks to get an offer
Original post by itsjesslouise

Hi itsjesslouise :hi:

UCAS decisions are made on an ongoing basis and we aim to have all decisions made well in advance of the UCAS deadline of 3rd May 2018.

For further information, please check out UCAS key dates.

(Please note that you do not have to make your firm and insurance choices until you have received decisions from all the institutions to which you have applied.)

And yes, Queen's is indeed close to Belfast city centre. In fact, Queen's Quarter is one of the city's four main areas and is very central. You can read more about Belfast and life here in this useful student guide from Visit Belfast.

Also, if you are interested in coming over to see Queen's, the university can arrange a tour for you. You can read more here.

I hope this helps, but if there is anything in particular you would like to know about studying at Queen's, or indeed about life in Belfast, please just let us know! :h:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Reply 43
Which course(s) are you thinking of applying to?
I sent off my application for English with Creative Writing on October 5th!
Are you undergrad/postgrad?
Undergrad
Where are you applying from?
York, England now, but up until last year I lived in California!
Have you any questions about studying at Queen’s?
I sent off my application about a month ago, but I haven't gotten an offer or rejection yet. Does Queens wait until after the January deadline to send them off or not?

#LoveQUB
Original post by jesibee
Which course(s) are you thinking of applying to?
I sent off my application for English with Creative Writing on October 5th!
Are you undergrad/postgrad?
Undergrad
Where are you applying from?
York, England now, but up until last year I lived in California!
Have you any questions about studying at Queen’s?
I sent off my application about a month ago, but I haven't gotten an offer or rejection yet. Does Queens wait until after the January deadline to send them off or not?

#LoveQUB

Hi jessibee :hi:

It's great to hear that you have applied to Queen's for next September. Imagine coming to Belfast from Caifornia via York! What an awesome journey!

UCAS decisions are made on an ongoing basis right up until the deadline on the 3rd May 2018 so try not to panic if you don't hear back straight away.

Have you visited the university?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi, I was hoping to apply to QUB. From what I have heard it is a great place for technical subjects. I am very fond of Mathematics and intend to pursue it for my undergraduate studies. Could I get guidance on how the university compares to universities like Oxbridge and Imperial for Mathematics? Any help would be greatly appreciated:smile:
hi , when do you guys at queens start giving out nursing interview invitations?
Original post by Math1791
Hi, I was hoping to apply to QUB. From what I have heard it is a great place for technical subjects. I am very fond of Mathematics and intend to pursue it for my undergraduate studies. Could I get guidance on how the university compares to universities like Oxbridge and Imperial for Mathematics? Any help would be greatly appreciated:smile:

Hi Math1791 :hello:

Thanks for getting in touch.

In terms of the course itself, Queen’s is currently ranked 11th in the UK for Mathematics (Guardian University Guide 2018). It also has excellent global opportunities with programmes such as Erasmus and IAESTE if you fancy travelling during your time at uni, and it also has links to many companies who hire maths graduates. You can read more about the course and modules etc here.

Queen's also has lots to offer in terms of what life is like on campus and beyond. We are ranked 9th in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey, and Belfast and our beautiful Causeway Coast have just been named as the no. 1 region in the world to visit by Lonely Planet! Belfast is extremely student friendly and Queen’s itself is very central to city life. Additionally, a definite benefit of life at Queen’s is the opportunity of easily exploring beyond campus, and even beyond the city!

If there are any questions you would like to ask about studying at the university or even life in Belfast, please do just let us know.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by _ruth_

Hi _ruth_ :h:

As the recruitment process for Nursing differs from the majority of other courses, our Admissions Team deals with queries for these courses directly.

You can email them at [email protected] or call 028 9097 38383 and they will be able to help.

Are you applying for next year?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Does anyone have any idea what the story is with fees for incoming undergrad students for 2018/2019 from the Republic of Ireland? Nothing has been announced yet, unfortunately. I'm applying for medicine!
Original post by billyjayxox

Hi there billyjayxox :hello:

Invites to interview for Nursing are generally sent out in batches following the UCAS deadline in January. Due to the admissions process for Nursing differing slightly from other courses due to interviews being involved etc., our Admissions team would always ask that you contact them if you have any queries about your application:

:call: 028 9097 3838

:cyber: [email protected]

Are you thinking of applying for next September?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by aisling67
Does anyone have any idea what the story is with fees for incoming undergrad students for 2018/2019 from the Republic of Ireland? Nothing has been announced yet, unfortunately. I'm applying for medicine!

Hi aisling67 :h:

I have checked this with our Student Finance Team and they have confirmed that the fees for the academic year 2018/19 will not be published until January. As a rough guide the fee for standard undergraduate this academic year is £4,030.00. The fees usually increase around 2% each year.

I hope this helps!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Hi aisling67 :h:

I have checked this with our Student Finance Team and they have confirmed that the fees for the academic year 2018/19 will not be published until January. As a rough guide the fee for standard undergraduate this academic year is £4,030.00. The fees usually increase around 2% each year.

I hope this helps!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

So you don't expect the fees for students from ROI to increase to those of international students? Thanks so much for your help.
So you don't expect the fees for students from ROI to increase to those of international students? Thanks so much for your help.

Hi again aisling67,

The figure quoted was just as an example of a current standard undergrad course.

I'll double check the current cost of the Medical degree for 2017 intake for ROI students and let you know, so you have a more accurate gauge to base it on.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Hello again! :h:

Just confirmed that it was indeed £4,030.00 for 2017 entry for ROI students. It might be a good idea to contact Student Finance again closer to the New Year to see if this position has altered. Their email is [email protected].

I hope this helps a bit!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi there, I was wondering when one might expect to hear back from Queen's about a possible interview for 2018 entry into the PGCE (Secondary) course? Thanks
Original post by Leela1995
Hi there, I was wondering when one might expect to hear back from Queen's about a possible interview for 2018 entry into the PGCE (Secondary) course? Thanks

Hi Leela1995 :hello:

PGCE interviews are normally held from mid-December to February so you should hear whether or not you will be invited for interview very soon.

You can read more here.

Wishing you the best of luck! :goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Reply 57
I was rejected for two of my choices at Queens unfortunately, how do I get a detailed reason?
I've been hearing people saying the International Politics and Conflict Studies course isn't running? Could anyone confirm?
Original post by shazea
I was rejected for two of my choices at Queens unfortunately, how do I get a detailed reason?

Hi shazea,

The University will provide feedback, on request, to unsuccessful UCAS applicants.

The request for feedback should be made within six weeks of the decision to the Admissions and Access Service by letter:

Admissions and Access Service
Lanyon North
Queen’s University Belfast
Belfast
BT7 1NN

or email:

[email protected]

Best of luck with your studies.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Quick Reply

Latest