The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen’s University Belfast (QUB) Applicants 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by coainecoins
Hi, I am an international student and I applied for QUB medicine 2018 entry. However, I still heard nothing from QUB yet. I wanna if QUB is still sending out medicine interviews? Or all the international students who applied for medicine and haven't got interview chances now are unofficially rejected?

Looking forward to your reply.

Hello coainecoins,

Thank you for getting in touch.

If you contact our International Admissions team directly they will be able to check the status of your application. Their email address is [email protected].

Wishing you all the very best.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Hello coainecoins,

Thank you for getting in touch.

If you contact our International Admissions team directly they will be able to check the status of your application. Their email address is [email protected].

Wishing you all the very best.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Thanks.
Hi! I have an offer of ABB to study French (beginners) and Spanish. I can't decide whether to make QUB or Exeter (BBB) my firm. Anyone who's been to QUB who could give me advice? I come from mainland England.

:smile:)
Original post by thegoodytwoshoes
Hi! I have an offer of ABB to study French (beginners) and Spanish. I can't decide whether to make QUB or Exeter (BBB) my firm. Anyone who's been to QUB who could give me advice? I come from mainland England.

:smile:)

Hi there thegoodytwoshoes,

Congratulations on your offer!:rave:

A number of our Student Bloggers are from other parts of the UK, so you may find their blogs lend a bit of insight into life at Queen's and in Belfast. You can find them here.

I hope this helps a bit.

Wishing you all the very best with your exams.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi there thegoodytwoshoes,

Congratulations on your offer!:rave:

A number of our Student Bloggers are from other parts of the UK, so you may find their blogs lend a bit of insight into life at Queen's and in Belfast. You can find them here.

I hope this helps a bit.

Wishing you all the very best with your exams.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Thank you! Is there any way I could email them to ask more questions about their experiences?
Hi! I was just wondering when Computer Science applicants can expect to receive offers?
Original post by thegoodytwoshoes
Thank you! Is there any way I could email them to ask more questions about their experiences?

Hello again!

Just to let you know I have just sent you a private message regarding this. :smile:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi SliceofPye :hello:

A campus tour is a great idea! If you contact the School of Nursing and Midwifery directly, hopefully they can help with arranging a visit to their facilities while you are at Queen's. You can email them at [email protected] or call 048 9097 2233.

The Medical Biology Centre where the School is based is just a 5 minute walk away from the main Lanyon Building. You can read more about the facilities here.

I hope you enjoy your visit to campus and if you need any further information please just let us know.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Thanks so much for the help Kachela, it's much appreciated! Looking forward to my visit :smile:
-Ashley
Original post by SliceofPye
Thanks so much for the help Kachela, it's much appreciated! Looking forward to my visit :smile:
-Ashley

You are very welcome Ashley.

Have a lovely weekend! :h:
Original post by Sortient
Hi! I was just wondering when Computer Science applicants can expect to receive offers?

Hi Sortient :hello:

Decisions are made on an ongoing basis and our admissions team aim to have all decisions made in advance of the UCAS deadline of 3 May 2018.

Please note that you do not have to make your firm and insurance choices until you have received decisions from all the institutions to which you have applied.

Very best of luck with your application! :goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Applied for biological sciences!!!!
Hi there!

I was wondering when Social Policy and Sociology applicants should start to hear back about their application? I have also applied for social work and have heard back already about the ongoing application process. If you have any news regarding Social Policy and Sociology it would be fantastic. Thank you!- Anita
Original post by Christikoz101
Applied for biological sciences!!!!

Best of luck with your application! :crossedf:
Original post by PinkOwls
Hi there!

I was wondering when Social Policy and Sociology applicants should start to hear back about their application? I have also applied for social work and have heard back already about the ongoing application process. If you have any news regarding Social Policy and Sociology it would be fantastic. Thank you!- Anita

Hi PinkOwls :hello:

Our Admissions team will be making decisions on an ongoing basis now and will be trying to get the majority of offers made before the UCAS deadline of 3rd May.

As you are probably already aware, Social Work has a very lengthy selection process and final decisions may not be processed until the final UCAS deadline.

Hopefully you'll hear something back soon!

Good luck with your application. :crossedf:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi Sortient :hello:

Decisions are made on an ongoing basis and our admissions team aim to have all decisions made in advance of the UCAS deadline of 3 May 2018.

Please note that you do not have to make your firm and insurance choices until you have received decisions from all the institutions to which you have applied.

Very best of luck with your application! :goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Thank you Kachela! (I got my offer yesterday :biggrin:)
Original post by Sortient
Thank you Kachela! (I got my offer yesterday :biggrin:)

Brilliant news, Sortient. Congratulations! :danceboy:
Original post by R26
In regards to first year accommodation, is elms village being taken over by the new ELMSBT1 and ELMSBT2 ? And are these new accommodation sites only for first years or can anyone live there? Also, are there any photos of inside?

Hi there R26 :h:

The allocation has not been updated yet for the new sites but hopefully will be very soon. Elms Village will be still available for 1st year students.

You can read some more information and see some photographs of the interiors of the new buildings here.

if you need anything else, please let me know.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
I got my offer from QUB two days ago, and I'm so so happy because the course looks amazing, the location is great (even though my parents are worried about me moving all the way to N. Ireland, I went to visit the city and loved it) and the societies look so interesting and diverse. But my parents are really against me choosing it, especially now that I've got offers from all of my other Uni's (Soton, Sussex, Essex, Leeds) with a lowered contextual offer around ABB-BBB, and Belfast is still AAB. They say it's too much of a risk, and even though I'm achieving above AAB they don't think it's worth traveling all that way if "the uni isn't that interested in you, clearly". I just don't know what to do to convince them- they will only pay a contribution of funds towards a university they approve of me going to :frown:
Original post by PatrioticParrot
I got my offer from QUB two days ago, and I'm so so happy because the course looks amazing, the location is great (even though my parents are worried about me moving all the way to N. Ireland, I went to visit the city and loved it) and the societies look so interesting and diverse. But my parents are really against me choosing it, especially now that I've got offers from all of my other Uni's (Soton, Sussex, Essex, Leeds) with a lowered contextual offer around ABB-BBB, and Belfast is still AAB. They say it's too much of a risk, and even though I'm achieving above AAB they don't think it's worth traveling all that way if "the uni isn't that interested in you, clearly". I just don't know what to do to convince them- they will only pay a contribution of funds towards a university they approve of me going to :frown:

Hi there PatrioticParrot :hello:

Firstly, congratulations on your offer! What course had you applied for?

Did your parents travel with you when you visited Belfast? If not, it might be an idea for them to come and see the university and city for themselves. It might help to reassure them. You’ll have seen first-hand as well, how easy it is to travel here! Also, if you click here you can find a page and links dedicated to the experiences of students from England, Scotland and Wales at the university, including blogs on their time here.

Further to that, if you there is anything you would like know please do just ask!

Kachela
(Team Queen’s)
has anyone got offers for computer science yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending