The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Living with my girlfriend in halls at Swansea Uni

Would it be possible for me and her to live together if I don't go to uni. She's got her place in halls and really wants me to move with her, could we get a bigger room or if I am allowed am I going to have to sleep on the floor for a year?
Original post by Wolfie12
Would it be possible for me and her to live together if I don't go to uni. She's got her place in halls and really wants me to move with her, could we get a bigger room or if I am allowed am I going to have to sleep on the floor for a year?

NO.
You arent allowed end of. You can probably be an overnight guest for a few days, but you have to register.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
What would happen if I didn't?
Uni accommodation is for, you guessed it, uni students only. You also aren't allowed to live there because the contract is for one person only. I don't think you'd manage to do it without staff finding out about it which might end up with your girlfriend getting evicted halfway through the year, which would be very stressful and would likely have repercussions on her actual university work as well.

Also the rooms are tiny, even the large ones, and you'd be tripping over each other constantly and it'd just be way too cramped. You'd probably hate each other by the end of it!

Beck House is the only Swansea University accommodation that allows couples, but that's for postgrads and international students.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Well you could apply for a shared flat at the Bay Campus.
Reply 5
Would they still have them at this time during the year though?
Reply 6
Well the application opened for the new year. But ask St. Modwen to make sure.
Reply 7
Original post by tyw7
Well you could apply for a shared flat at the Bay Campus.

Original post by Frankston
Uni accommodation is for, you guessed it, uni students only. You also aren't allowed to live there because the contract is for one person only. I don't think you'd manage to do it without staff finding out about it which might end up with your girlfriend getting evicted halfway through the year, which would be very stressful and would likely have repercussions on her actual university work as well.

Also the rooms are tiny, even the large ones, and you'd be tripping over each other constantly and it'd just be way too cramped. You'd probably hate each other by the end of it!

Beck House is the only Swansea University accommodation that allows couples, but that's for postgrads and international students.

What are the rooms like in beck house and bay campus?
Reply 8
I haven't lived in Beck House but Bay Campus is pretty nice. It has that modern flair.

Quick Reply

Latest